mobius and eyefi for wireless

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has anyone had success with adding wifi to the mobius? I tried the eyefi but it will not work with my mobius.

I heard of pqi, is that any better?
has anyone gotten either to work?

I was able to get an EZ Share wifi card adapter to work using an SD to micro SD adapter but it only works if the camera is hooked up to external power. I was able to stream videos and see any pics that were in the camera to my Galaxy Note 3 and to my laptop and download them too. It didn't do either super fast though. It doesn't really work for how I have my camera setup , I just wanted to see if it was possible but it would be cool if it was a feature in future cameras.

I was able to get an EZ Share wifi card adapter to work using an SD to micro SD adapter but it only works if the camera is hooked up to external power. I was able to stream videos and see any pics that were in the camera to my Galaxy Note 3 and to my laptop and download them too. It didn't do either super fast though. It doesn't really work for how I have my camera setup , I just wanted to see if it was possible but it would be cool if it was a feature in future cameras.
do you have links to the ones you bought?

Here's the wifi card
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00H4A6TGI
And I've have the SD to micro SD adapter for years so I don't have a link for it but it's like this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00B2BWBFI
My mobius has been cut up and lives in a custom aluminum case so I can make room for this but I'm not sure what you'd do with a stock camera.
It's neat to have a wifi connection but it is easier and faster just to hook up a usb or pop out the card to get the files.
If you're looking to stream live video from the camera to your smart phone it won't work.

so dissapointed.

Tried the eye-fi...mobius gives me a card error.
Tried the PQI air...mobius will not record on it.

willy510, do you have only 1 mobius? has your card worked in others? I am not sure what my issue is. If it is my mobius, adapter, or something else.

If I had a way to know the ezshare card worked for sure id buy it in a heart beat. but after trying 2 wireless cards...im a bit let down. both cards work in everything except my mobius

Tried the ez Share ...mobius record on it, but WiFi access dont work.
Tried the PQI air with Kingston Micro SDHC 32GB Class 4 ...mobius record on it, but WiFi access dont work.

Mobius Firmware Version V2.18

Tried the PQI air with Kingston Micro SDHC 32GB Class 4 ...mobius record on it, but WiFi access dont work.

Does it wifi with other devices?

Does it wifi with other devices?
Yes ... with mini 801 or Laptop works fine ... BUT ... both transfer images only, not videos ... to the iPhone (dont know Android) :( Videos can be only played over WiFi.

Update: PQI air start working directly in the car. Miracle? :rolleyes:Videos stream sometimes stop and hang up, probably because of Mobius simultaneous recording or high bit rate. But for check of recording it is enough. As I already wrote, you can not download videos, but you can save a snapshot of whole fullscreen of your (i)phone. ;)

Last edited:
Back