MOBIUS C2 64GB Genuine Kingston strange playback problem

RobDashCam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After my last post, I thought I had worked out all my problems were down to 2 Fake SD Cards (Ebay account has since closed - it had over 600 Feedback too!)

However, I now have bought another Mobius C2 and 2 Genuine 64GB Kingston SD Cards, formatted in FAT32 with FAT32 selected in mSetup.

The recording seems to work just fine, however upon playback after 30seconds or so on any clip the recording starts to hiss and then crashes and I'm unable to play any of the 5min videos. I then have to turn mobius off/on to play them again then I get the same issue. I have tried this using 2 different kingston 64GB cards, the problem even happens putting an SD card in the second mobius i've bought and playing back video. Only thing I haven't tried is an external SD card reader but I'm waiting on that to arrive.

Can anyone shed any light on to this? Should I just format as exFAT ? I know these MOBIUS' camera's are cheap in comparison to blackvue etc, but with the all the fault finding associated with them I feel like I've either been very unlucky or they are a false economy.

Does anyone recommend that maybe I should just drop down to a reliable 32GB Sandisk or could I have any settings not set correctly that could cause this?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Hi, yes it has the same issue. In fact its even worse as the video's mostly don't play at all. After being copied that are pretty much useless.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, yes it has the same issue. In fact its even worse as the video's mostly don't play at all. After being copied that are pretty much useless.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
What player are you using?

Insert card into your smartphone &/or tablet, & see if playback is ok. Also upload a clip to YouTube to see if problem is still evident on playback.

VLC Media player - I will try the SD Cards in an external card reader. thanks.

I have the same issue and have to take the microSD card out of the camera and place it into an SD adaptor and then into the built in reader in my work Laptop and they play fine :(

Yes it seems as though this is the case, works perfectly when playing back from an SD Adaptor but not when playing back when the SD card is inside the Mobius!

From the experiences I did with my three cameras, I can say that none of them (and probably the large majority) is designed to read cards as well as a USB card reader. It seems like their output stream's bitrate is not high enough to read FHD files and tend to make the video stutter.

Back