Mobius Firmware v0.57 low light issue

I've managed to downgrade to 0.47, but I noticed that after ~15sec after I cut the power (stop the engine), the camera still shuts down, although Power-Off Disconnect is not available with 0.47.

Anyone else seen this?

Nevertheless that's very useful. :D

Customization of Power-Off Disconnect is not available, meaning you can't select between Immediate, 10 seconds, never. Shut down when disconnecting the power was (I think) implemented since the begining with the 10 seconds margin.

• Oh...I understand now. Makes perfect sense.

FW v0.59 was posted:

- fixed a low light condition that caused flickering when a bright light source moved into the frame.
- fixed ghost scan line artifact near the top of the frame in the two "Small" (narrow) AOV (FOV) video modes.
- changed the web cam video to remain always upright (it was rotated 180 when photos were rotated).
- fixed an obscure bug in the playback mode that blanked the screen with certain rapid key presses.
Did anybody manage to test it already?

Don't try to download latest FW v0.61 yet as there is a problem saving it.

Tom Frank on RC Groups says:
"Please don't comment further on the FW download issue. I'll fix it later. For now stick with the FW you have... you camera will work OK. It's a holiday here and I have house guests all afternoon."

I had installed FW v0.59 when it became available.
After trying to download the FW v0.61 my GUI showed that I had two v0.59 files.
I deleted the FW file FWTLCAM_20131116_v0.59 from my PC.
Leaving FW file FWTLCAM_20131122_v0.59
The GUI then showed the correct FW file v0.59 which I installed to stop the flickering in certain lighting conditions.
I am no longer prompted to download FW v0.61 as it does does exist at this moment.

Last edited:
Just tested v0.59 and the flickering is gone. WDR seems better, but the image is grainier than in v0.47, at least on night videos.

Reactions: Jim
Just tested v0.59 and the flickering is gone. WDR seems better, but the image is grainier than in v0.47, at least on night videos.

Yeah, more light, more graining, I have that too, I need to read license plates in case of incident, and will stick to v.47 for the time being....

Thanks for your comment, it has helped me. I have just noticed the same thing and mentioned in another thread. Graining is also higher, much higher. There is a large increase in orange levels and green also.

Trouble is there are some Mobius users that dont seem to like hearing anything bad against the camera and will do all they can to defend it where its in our and the developers best interest to remain as impartial as possible.

I must admit I thought that the camera was going faulty.

V0.59 with B-lens low light sensitivity is very good, I must say nearly as good as Sony Exmor based dash cams, but I agree: - noise is much higher despite it has 18Mbps bit-rate. Urive ALbatross2 recording at 12Mbps has the smoothest night video I have experienced, with virtually no noise. So Mobius has to work on DNR ( digital noise reduction ). Also I see in some places vertical stripes at night.
I donth bother too much about how 100% correct are colours, most important for dashcam users is reading vital data, but because of too much noise, - data reading is tricky in many cases.
Still I see that Mobius is working hard on improving FW and believe they will create better firmware ( maybe stage 3 ? )

Last edited:
V0.59 with B-lens low light sensitivity is very good, I must say nearly as good as Sony Exmor based dash cams...

With reference to your recent Post, I look forward to seeing the video comparison showing the Mobius B with v0.59 to have superior night video quality over the DOD LS300W, & comparability with expensive Korean DashCams.

niko, I currently have 0.47 firmware, should I wait to upgrade or is 0.59 "good enough" ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my short video testing the Mobius (wide-angle) B lens w/ firmware v0.59.

Photo_12_20_2013_12_48_17_PM.jpg

Photo_12_20_2013_1_25_25_PM.jpg

I'm sticking to 0.47 for now, although it's missing some features i think it outputs the best video quality till now, other version after this release have all sort of video quality issues and after all, in a car DVR i only care about video quality.

I'm sticking to 0.47 for now, although it's missing some features i think it outputs the best video quality till now, other version after this release have all sort of video quality issues and after all, in a car DVR i only care about video quality.

I agree. I'm assuming that you are using the standard A lens, correct? I'm debating whether I should downgrade to v0.47 or keep v0.59.
Any videos/threads comparing the A lens vs B lens (using v0.47 firmware)? I think the newer firmware versions added support for the wide angle B lens, but I am not sure...

You should only have the patience to wait more days. Save your time and wait a little for a new improved firmware, no matter which lens are used.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back