Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I'm surprised nobody's actually done it yet. I'd have them both recording simultaneously ... save me from having to remember to switch one on & the other off.

I was think the same thing......let them run simultaneously.

Another thought (not a day/night solution though) is to have two Mobius' mounted side by side with "A" lenses but have each one angled out so that you could achieve a VERY wide, overlapping FOV capture. Multiple cameras = multiple possibilities!

That's why the lens cap idea works best for me, it's so easy to put on and remove. As far as night modes, I'm holding out for a button to change modes or an ability for the camera to change modes at night automatically based on time.

I'm sure if it's possible, it's coming in a future firmware upgrade. One reason I love my Mobius :D

To save me sourcing another lens cap (don’t want to cut existing) would a jelly lens not work on the Mobius? Another thread said it didn’t work but didn’t say why?

That's why the lens cap idea works best for me, it's so easy to put on and remove. As far as night modes, I'm holding out for a button to change modes or an ability for the camera to change modes at night automatically based on time.

I'm sure if it's possible, it's coming in a future firmware upgrade. One reason I love my Mobius :D

Well, that's all well and good if you remember to remove the lens cap. I fashioned a lens cap for my GT300W to protect it when it's not installed and one time I drove around all day with the camera running and the $#&^$% lens cap on. JEEZ!
It may be easy to remove but it's also easy to forget.

To save me sourcing another lens cap (don’t want to cut existing) would a jelly lens not work on the Mobius? Another thread said it didn’t work but didn’t say why?
Not all polarizing lens are quality and/or work. Another problem with small magnetic lenses is vignetting

I have a much easier solution for Byr0n's plight. Get up later. Much later. Works for me ;)

What I "think" can drive people a little crazy is when they start by saying "I'm too lazy to read ......" I think we have all gotten red eyes reading the 100 page thread on our favorite cameras. It's sort of an initiation :p

I have asked my fair share of silly questions and gone a little :rolleyes: Off topic. Thankfully this is a super friendly place and you guys are great :D
Anyone who starts off by saying "I'm too lazy to read.." or "I can't be bothered..." deserves a scolding. There is a breed of person who takes a perverse pleasure in pouring scorn on any kind of technical expertise, yet expects to be spoon-fed information from technical experts.

Received my 3m cable today, the one I bought from UK seller so I could wire in my cable before I receive my Mobius. Guess what, it's not long enough :D

I'm wanting to hide the cable within the car so have to take long routes round things so it tucks away nicely before reaching a power socket in the rear centre console (for passenger DVD players)

So have reordered a 5m one from same seller. 4m would of been ideal but they don't stock them and the other 4m cables on ebay were also out of stock. Not a big deal as I can lose a metre when installing.

Just for reference I purchased from this seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330761607633
What I like about the cable is it's quite flexible and slim so really fits well into the gaps, you almost can't see the cable. I won't be needing hooks put it that way.

Should receive it tomorrow

I have a suggestion for a change in the firmware. When we have the Mobius set with 'Video Clip Length' to record Max, then allow the Mobius to create new files (like looping) as it reaches that 4gb limit for each file and yet have the Mobius stop recording (no loop) when the card is full. I noticed that the Mobius records to the 4gb limit then stops recording. I have a 64gb card and can see a need (for me) to allow this type of recording.

Also, how about a battery charge indicator, percentage or something on the Config Utility Screen?

Last edited:
What I'd like to see in the next vertion
Of the case of the Mobius is to be able
To take the camera out front or back.
Be able to slide it right threw.
Have 4 pins sited of two to hold it in place add two holes at the rear of the
Camera casing to accept the two new pins.

I have a suggestion for a change in the firmware. When we have the Mobius set with 'Video Clip Length' to record Max, then allow the Mobius to create new files (like looping) as it reaches that 4gb limit for each file and yet have the Mobius stop recording (no loop) when the card is full. I noticed that the Mobius records to the 4gb limit then stops recording. I have a 64gb card and can see a need (for me) to allow this type of recording.

Also, how about a battery charge indicator, percentage or something on the Config Utility Screen?
The recording most probably stops after 4GB because you have your Mobius connected to your PC. If you connect it to external power (the data lines must be disconnected), it will create a new clip after each 4GB chunk and continue doing this until the card is full. This functionality is called Stop/Save/Continue (S/S/C) and has been implemented ever since the very first firmware version.

A charge indicator in the GUI is not possible because the battery is being charged by the 5V line so would always indicate full charge. Additional circuitry to monitor the charge status would add to the complexity of the design, would add to the weight, and would possibly require a slightly larger main board. Since the charge state depends on the state of the battery it would be unreliable and definitely not worth implementing, IMO.

I got it ;)

Managed to get to the post office just in time and it was bought in just as I approached counter :)

It's actually really small, much smaller than I thought

Can't believe how quick it arrived, I ordered it last Saturday afternoon. A week from China to UK is very impressive

Now the fun begins :)

I got it ;)

Managed to get to the post office just in time and it was bought in just as I approached counter :)

It's actually really small, much smaller than I thought

Can't believe how quick it arrived, I ordered it last Saturday afternoon. A week from China to UK is very impressive

Now the fun begins :)
Just make sure you charge the battery completely first. That will eliminate many problems. Have fun and post some video

Oh and of course avoid v1.17 for now. Unfortunately it may take awhile for v1.18 since it just failed quality testing.

Update from Therau2000

* * * Android Update * * *
Distribution of Android WebCam app
ExtCam Mobius AC HD
is currently suspended;
it will remain suspended until a
compatible firmware version is released by Tom.
Firmware version v1.18 is
the first compatible firmware
that allows this WebCam app to work correctly;
unfortunately version v1.18 did not pass quality testing.

We will all have to wait for the next firmware to be released by Tom.
There is no point to keep sending me emails on this subject;
please understand that it does take a lot of time to reply to every email...
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
wink.gif

Back