My first caught-on-camera accident

Genki

Reaction score
Country
United States

Had to be a hit and run accident. I pulled into parking spot and I had left my car and was going around the back when I heard the crunch and saw the grey van jump a bit. Then the blue car with new damage on the bumper near passenger side headlight peeled away like they were afraid of getting busted.

Too bad the camera was working and I was in a perfect position to catch that incident.

Punk ass kids, driver was laughing, you should have gotten back in and went after them, might have been a stolen car too.

Yeah right <sarcasm>, no wide angle HD camera from a 30ft high pole is going to catch a license plate.

Had to be a hit and run accident. I pulled into parking spot and I had left my car and was going around the back when I heard the crunch and saw the grey van jump a bit. Then the blue car with new damage on the bumper near passenger side headlight peeled away like they were afraid of getting busted.

Too bad the camera was working and I was in a perfect position to catch that incident.
And lucky they didn't hit your car too!

My guess is
DMP
DWP
And that's from youtube, from original video maybe more accurate.

Edit: we have several autopart stores online where you can find your car model by registration number, here it would be easy just try to put numbers to some store until answer is right car model.
Do you have similar service in usa?

Last edited:
My guess is
DMP
DWP
And that's from youtube, from original video maybe more accurate.

Edit: we have several autopart stores online where you can find your car model by registration number, here it would be easy just try to put numbers to some store until answer is right car model.
Do you have similar service in usa?
No, they look up parts here by VIN - the car's serial number. But the police can cross check those possibilities and see if they belong to a blue Ford Taurus or not and then drop by to check for damage on the right front, then make an arrest.

We can look up licenceplates too here, its really nice, but sadly it dont give name or adress on owner.

Well one factor here is that the plate number is not specifically tied to the car, and it changes every few years as plates get replaced due to normal wear and loss of reflectiveness. Or if you move to a different state, you get a different plate and plate number. If you get custom vanity plates, you can put them on a different car after filling out a form online or at the tax office. Can't do that with normal plates with their random numbers.

Angled parking is hard

Bastards, people like that should be exterminated. And exterminate all bad drivers too.

Back