Need help installing Auto-Vox T9 rear view mirror monitor.

KenSmith

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased the Auto-Vox T9 system but am confused regarding the wiring at the fuse box. It cam with mini fuses attached that appears to be used in empty slots but what if there are no empty slots? Anyone have one of these T9 kits from Auto-Vox that can give me some info wiring at the fuse box? Thanks

I purchased the Auto-Vox T9 system but am confused regarding the wiring at the fuse box. It cam with mini fuses attached that appears to be used in empty slots but what if there are no empty slots? Anyone have one of these T9 kits from Auto-Vox that can give me some info wiring at the fuse box? Thanks
I don't know how to edit a post but I also am wondering why the fuse for the fuse box is a 5 amp but further down the wire about 3 feet is an in-line fuse that is 10 amp. Sorry, not good with wiring or electrical. Thanks

When you connect to constant power you usually get a "Add a circuit" type fuse kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01MTNMLT7
This is intended to replace a fuse in your fuse box.

why the fuse for the fuse box is a 5 amp but further down the wire about 3 feet is an in-line fuse that is 10 amp

If you put a 5A and a 10A fuse on the same wire the 10A fuse becomes irrelevant. You should ask the manufacturer if your wiring scheme is as they intended to be. It happens for a manufacturer to give you parts that could be useful for some customers but not for others. I assume they gave you optional parts.

Back