Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say a lot, you talk about e-cig, you talk about how happy you are with Gearbest. This is all good, but you still have not answered the original question. You can talk all you want but until you answer that question everything you say is nothing but 'hot air' and has no credibility.

How did you find about about DashCamTalk and this thread about Gearbest?

semplicemente cercando una go pro... o action camera come la chiamate chiamatela. 2 pagina di google ...dash cam talk. entrato menu.. ho letto
Generic Chinese Cameras... e gira gira gira.. sono qui.. contento? .... tanto so già che non credi e avrai da obbiettare

è più che normale che io. compratore leggo gearbest mi fermo e faccio una ricerca e mi sono imbattutto in questa discussione ..mi sono ferma a leggere ...certo i primi post ho letto ...e non 11 pagine.. .. va bene ora?

ora vi saluto a tutti quanti, mi siete tutti simpatici ...tu DT mi un pò meno. hahahaha buona notte a tutto il forum.

semplicemente cercando una go pro... o action camera come la chiamate chiamatela. 2 pagina di google ...dash cam talk. entrato menu.. ho letto
Generic Chinese Cameras... e gira gira gira.. sono qui.. contento? .... tanto so già che non credi e avrai da obbiettare

è più che normale che io. compratore leggo gearbest mi fermo e faccio una ricerca e mi sono imbattutto in questa discussione ..mi sono ferma a leggere ...certo i primi post ho letto ...e non 11 pagine.. .. va bene ora?
I will take what you say as the truth - but it is very suspicious. If you bother to read all 11 pages in this thread you will see that in the last 5 weeks there have been 23 new members to this site and their very first post (and in most cases their only post) has been to say how wonderful Gearbest is - and only one of those said they had bought a dash cam. That also is very suspicious - which is why your motives are being questioned. Even more since it's common knowledge that Gearbest will give store credit and/or gift cards to customers who will give them positive reviews.

I also did a Google search on 'go pro action' and many combinations of that and the best I can do is get a link to DashCamTalk to show up on page 8. More suspicion but I will agree there are many ways to do a Google search and each will show different results.

It may be interesting to the other members following this thread that of the other 22 new 'members' in this thread I sent 19 of them a private message asking the same question I asked @lo.ste80. Of the 19 only 1 responded - I'm sure that will surprise nobody. The answer given by the one that did respond was he found this thread on Youtube. :eek:

I wonder how much they get paid for each positive post (or kiss ass praise)...
To all the trolls let me tell you this: if you bought something and you're happy with it ... more power to you; so go celebrate with the other trolls.
But this thread is for those of us who bought something and got shafted or did not received it... and unfortunately your fake happiness will not change a thing how we feel about being ripped off.

hai capito !

I have had an absolutely horrid experience with Gearbest. I purchased a mini 0805 camera that burnt up after two days and filled my car with electrical smoke. I had successfully installed two other dashcams previously in my other vehicles, I know it's not user error). I notified them well within their 14 day warranty period, and paid to send the item back in accordance with their instructions. They confirm they have received it but then want to charge me $50 for a restocking fee (the camera was only $80 to begin with). I said never mind, just give me a refund and after months of haggling with them, they now claim I had the item too long for a refund. Please save yourselves some misery and use any other vendor than these guys. I wish somebody would have created this thread a long time ago and saved me some misery. Learn from my mistakes.

I saw this post and i was scared of buying on gearbest, i bought from other websites and i had issues on my shipping, i'm from El Salvador and it's very difficult to get something from outside, but i said... let's give it a try

My order was simple, some phone cases, 1 VR Glasses and A SAMSUNG EVO+ 32GB at very low prices, better than amazon,

Shipping from china is from 25-45 days here i was already aware of it, but gearbest delivery took only 21 days AND THAT FOR ME IS SO FAST,

my case is great !, VR is a whole new experience and for only $8.99!, and the best of all that the Samsung EVO+ was original so my friend...

I recomend gearbest since i didn't have any issue, but you are free to go anywhere you want.

I saw this post....
How is it you saw this post? What you claimed to have purchased from Gearbest has nothing to do with dash cams which is the subject of this web site. Were you directed here by someone?

How is it you saw this post? What you claimed to have purchased from Gearbest has nothing to do with dash cams which is the subject of this web site. Were you directed here by someone?

I think it's just another troll ... after a few bonus points ... $0.25... or less do you think?

i was looking if it was a scam or not, this was my google lookup: "why you should never buy from gearbest" and got me here.

i took a picture of the things i bought, as i said before i was just here because for ME it works, that's what forums are all about right? sharing experiences?

Attachments

• products.jpg
    products.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 10
I saw this post and i was scared of buying on gearbest, i bought from other websites and i had issues on my shipping, i'm from El Salvador and it's very difficult to get something from outside, but i said... let's give it a try
but gearbest delivery took only 21 days AND THAT FOR ME IS SO FAST,

So you saw this post and were afraid but ordered anyway and 21 days later you got your order. That means it was at least 3 weeks ago that you originally saw the post and you decided to come back here and report your experience. Smells funny to me.

I put your search into Google and this thread comes up as the 6th link. Did you also post a positive review on the other five?

but gearbest delivery took only 21 days AND THAT FOR ME IS SO FAST,

So you saw this post and were afraid but ordered anyway and 21 days later you got your order. That means it was at least 3 weeks ago that you originally saw the post and you decided to come back here and report your experience. Smells funny to me.

I put your search into Google and this thread comes up as the 6th link. Did you also post a positive review on the other five?

So you just buy from anywhere? without checking if it's scam or not? and as you can put negative feedback from a site you can take time to put a positive feedback from it if you had a good experience, but whatever... you are free to buy from wherever the f.. u want i just said FOR ME IT WORKS bye

i Bought 2 Mini 0806 dash cams from gear best. they both arrived within 30 days which is pretty good for gear best but then once one of them broke within 5 months, i contacted them and they almost instantly offered a $30 refund on the $190 purchase without questions. what i wanted was a fix but they did not offer a fix. instead, they told me if i pay an additional ~$50 or so dollars, they were happy to send me a replacement. to me this is poor service as you guarantee a year on products but don't deliver on the promise. i recently bought a gitup Git2 from there as well. so all in all items come but if they are broken don't expect any help or proper solution.

oh and i almost forgot, you are free to open a ticket for faulty items but you cannot chat live with them, that privilege is reserved for potential customers. what i do is start a live chat then get them to look into my ticket to fast track it.

tricky but i suspect there isn't more than a handful of people sitting in the same office in terms of customer service reps.

OK, I'm done playing "Shame the Shill".

Between the lack of responses to my PM's and the evasive (at best) and delayed replies to public queries (probably to concoct a semi-believable story, or get direction from Gearbest?) I think there's enough evidence in this thread to discredit all the positive, 'first time post', Gearbest reviews here for anyone who may stumble across this thread.

i Bought 2 Mini 0806 dash cams from gear best. they both arrived within 30 days which is pretty good for gear best but then once one of them broke within 5 months, i contacted them and they almost instantly offered a $30 refund on the $190 purchase without questions. what i wanted was a fix but they did not offer a fix. instead, they told me if i pay an additional ~$50 or so dollars, they were happy to send me a replacement. to me this is poor service as you guarantee a year on products but don't deliver on the promise. i recently bought a gitup Git2 from there as well. so all in all items come but if they are broken don't expect any help or proper solution.

oh and i almost forgot, you are free to open a ticket for faulty items but you cannot chat live with them, that privilege is reserved for potential customers. what i do is start a live chat then get them to look into my ticket to fast track it.

tricky but i suspect there isn't more than a handful of people sitting in the same office in terms of customer service reps.

That is precisely why prospective buyers should be warned about " such a deal " that is after all no deal at all:

- No Return if defective unless you pay the cost (25% - 35% of the original cost).

- No Service if defective unless you pay to get a replacement (about 50% of the original price).

- Out of luck if the order never arrives ... or maybe after 2 months if you're lucky (extreme frustration).

- You can't sue because there is no physical address to use: just an internet site (it can vanish overnight).

- Over all, chances are you are going to be on your own and probably a looser one way or the other.

HOLA, YO HE COMPRADO EN ESTA PAGINA, HE COMPRADO 04 TABLET Y LA VERDAD QUE ME LLEGARON EN POCO MAS DE 30 DIAS Y GRATIS, ME LLEGARON EN PERFECTAS CONDICIONES. Y SIN COSTO DE ENVIÓ HASTA MI PAIS (PERU). ESO QUE YO VIVO EN UNA PROVINCIA LEJANA

TODO MUY BIEN EMBALADO, Y EN PERFECTAS CONDICIONES, SIN GOLPES, CON OTRAS TIENDAS SI LLEGAN GOLPEADAS O MALTRATADOS

COMPRE 02 TABLETS CON SEGUIMIENTO (OJO SE PAGA 1 DOLAR ADICIONAL POR EL ENVIO CERTIFICADO) Y ME LLEGO JUNTO CON LOS QUE SOLICITE SIN NUMERO DE SEGUIMIENTO (TRACKING), ES DECIR EL NUMERO ES OPCIONAL PERO LLEGA EN EL MISMO PLAZO SIN CONTRATIEMPOS

LAS COMPRAS SE HACE MEDIANTE PAYPAL Y SON MUY SEGURAS, APARTE DE QUE TE CREAS UN DETALLE DE TODAS TUS TRANSACCIONES DE PAGO

MI TRACKIN ES RS446935014NL

Y COMO LES DIGO TODO MUY BIEN,

Attachments

• ENVIO.pdf
    166.8 KB · Views: 5
You would think that, if you're going to 'shill' on an English speaking site you would at least do it in English.

Is this #24 or #25?

I assume, whoever is behind this, has told their customers to get active on this page praising them as the Hly Grail ofr buying in Internet and as reward they get a free UPS shipping and Customs taxes paid :)

I guess I am going to order something right now from them. OK, I know I am spamming :eek:

¿ Would it not be good to just close this thread ?

It's already been documented earlier in this thread that GB 'pays for posts' either with store credit or gift cards.

If this thread is closed they'll just find another one to post to. It's actually starting to get humorous regarding the desperation that someone is feeling.

Should start a poll on how long it will take to get to 100 new 'members'. :)

Yes :)

OK, I just thought that closing it would stop but seems to be you have experience with these Trolls ...

I bought some items, not dash cams, from gear best and I don't recall any issues. My 2¢.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back