New DVR207 Help Needed

The Tortoise

Reaction score
Help needed !!

Hi, Just got a DVR207 from estore, it arrived today,

I got the latest HD1080p version complete with the supplied Transcend 32GB SD memory card.

It all looks good and goes through the motions but I cant appear to get the DVR to record files on to the memory card.

When recording, the red record light comes on along with the timer, it cycles through the file timer settings as it should etc but afterwards when I access the preview mode there are no files there !!

At the top of the preview screen it displays \ DVR Top Level and a file icon with 2013 [ or it could be 201a by it ]

If I press the record / snap button the display shows \ DVR \ Up One Level and a file icon with 03 by it..

Pressing the record snap button just causes these two screen to alternate, any other buttons dont have any effect or allow exit of the menu.

I have tried using a brand new Class 10 32GB Sandisk SD card with the same result.

I have gone through the menu turning off the motion detector, IR off, tried all the permutations of movie size and record timers, I have put on the correct date and time stamp, 50HZ light frequenzy for us in the UK I have tried formatting the SD cards etc

Have I missed something obvious? Or Have I bought a dud ?

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure you are actually selecting the folder with the files? Sounds like you are selecting the 'up one level' option. Press the up/down buttons to choose the right one.

Have you tried reading the card directly from the computer?

My GS8000 will not show me anything when plugged into computer using the usb cable, Both folders show empty. But if i remove the sd card and plug it into my computer directly i can see the videos.

Hi Chad,
Thanks for your input - yes youre right, I was not able to access the folder containing the files.

The instruction booklet is a bit vague on the proceedure but after contacting estore009 they very quickly sent me this reply

''Hi,friend,
Since you can find this file folder 2013 from this camera,we think we are close to success!
Please have a try in that way:
1)Power on Camera;
2)Press this mode button twice to enter its playback mode;
3)On the camera Screen,we can read these words:DVR/TOP level2013
4)Press this down button to option this 2013 file folder,just one tip for you,if you option this 2013 folder,its backlight will change to be green color,but not this original blue color;
5)After selection,press this REC button to enter
6)Press this down button again to select the next sub-menu,for example: 03 folder; After selection,its backlight will change to be Green color; And then press this REC to enter ;
7)Press this down button again,and select this next sub-menu,for example 08 folder,After selection,its backlight will change to be green color,and then press this REC button to enter;

8)Press this down button again,and select the AVI files from this 08 folder,and its backlight to be green color,and then press this REC button to enter!
So,now,we can playback it via this camera then!

Regards,
Vicky

- estore009''

Following these instructions all is now OK. Perhaps the instruction booklet needs updating.

I sometimes wonder how many "Vicky's" there actually are at estore009 tech support. Vicky is not really a traditional Chinese name. I've gotta say though, whether she(he) is one or many, their support has invariably been excellent, and their response times very fast. A lot of sellers could learn from them/she/he/whatever.

Hi, Shafferb0b1
Perhaps there is just one 'Vicky' who translates all the questions and answers or
maybe 'Vicky' is a computer programme hence the interesting style of translation.
Estore009 may have chosen the name 'Vicky' mistakenly thinking it was gender neutral like 'Sammy' or 'Casey' which might suit a computer programme.
Culturally speaking, worldwide, some customers might prefer not to take advice from a woman while others might prefer to, so again gender neutral might be good
The name 'Vicky' in the western world is definitely feminine.
Me? I think 'Vicky' is great, may she, he or it, keep up the good work and like you said, their support has invariably been excellent, and their response times very fast. A lot of other sellers could learn a lot from estore009

Back