Pics that make you smile

I just read a news story saying in 2030, AI will use 25% of the US power consumption.

Aside from AI, in the US, Cryptocurrency activity is estimated to emit from 25 to 50 million tons of CO2 each year, on par with the annual emissions from diesel fuel used by US railroads. As of August 2022, published estimates of the total global electricity usage for crypto-assets are between 120 and 240 billion kilowatt-hours per year, a range that exceeds the total annual electricity usage of many individual countries, such as Argentina or Australia!

AI plus Cryptocurrency, plus power consumption plus everything else = we're fuqqed.

hehe yeah.

You cant really do crypto mining in Denmark due to the price of power here, sure if you have your own wind turbine or solar array you can to some degree.
But relying on what come in a cable in the ground, that would make it a no go.

Okay their plans with renewables here will beef our output to many X of what Denmark actually use, but i am pretty sure all this " free " energy will NOT mean lower power prices here.

Orsted which the Danish government is #1 investor in, also seem to be walking away from wind turbine projects in the US. Stock price plummeted on those.

:) in a ironic kind of way.

It is funny how the world work, and unrelated things seem to be related none the less.

Notre Dane cathedral under renovation burn down.

iu

5 Years - 13 hours and 17 minutes later and the 400 year old Danish stock exchange also under renovation burn.

Then.
iu

Yesterday.
webp

Funny thing the spire on the old stock exchange is supposed to protect the capitol from war and fire.
3/4 of the building burned to the ground only walls standing.

Last edited:
:) in a ironic kind of way.

It is funny how the world work, and unrelated things seem to be related none the less.

Notre Dane cathedral under renovation burn down.

iu

5 Years - 13 hours and 17 minutes later and the 400 year old Danish stock exchange also under renovation burn.

Then.
iu

Yesterday.
webp

Funny thing the spire on the old stock exchange is supposed to protect the capitol from war and fire.
3/4 of the building burned to the ground only walls standing.

It is always sad to see a country lose a historic national treasure. :(

I am constantly bewildered by the actions of humans, for the most my own people whom i know best and have the most information on.
But sometimes someone far away also throw a curve ball at me, which might also be actual WTF or just appear so as i would have limited INFO on the society there, and humans do choose to live in some ( to me ) strange circumstances.

In general humans are the main reason i do not fear dying, CUZ at least then i dont have to deal with them anymore.
Mind you i am still happy there is not a option to " filter out everything you do not like " in my internet browser, even if most times i am suffering on the internet.
Its like the junkie that are well aware of the misery he live in, but still he make no effort to change things,,,,, pretty normal though as i understand it.

Danish PM just posted / share some of the hateful comments she get on SHOME, i have a ironic smile for her and a thought that go " you be glad i am not there " CUZ i have nothing good to say about her or anyone like her, and my filter / restraints are pretty weak.

We use to have Empires ruled by Emperors and Kingdoms run by Kings.
Today we have Countries run by Cun..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back