Powerucc Panorama2

Hi Sachs.
I'm on firmware v.1.08.05 previously glitches. I update the firmware in the car and forgot to remove the GPS antenna. Now I updated the firmware correctly, glitches are gone. My opinion on firmware v.1.08.05 video (day) - Better.
Video (night) - equally well with v.1.08.03

v1.08.03 vs v1.08.05 = video day is same, just few very little operational glitches fixed from v1.08.03 to v1.08.05 and improved very little night video.

v1.08.03 vs v1.08.05 = video day is same, just few very little operational glitches fixed from v1.08.03 to v1.08.05 and improved very little night video.
Niko that you yourself advise v1.08.03 or v1.08.05? You v1.08.05 normally worked without glitches?

Niko that you yourself advise v1.08.03 or v1.08.05? You v1.08.05 normally worked without glitches?

For me they both worked fine, but now I use v1.08.05 - this is official FW and I have not heard any glitches reports yet from this FW ( apart from gps time zone in some countries, which is acknowledged and fixed with beta fw ). Everything what is after v1.08.05 are BETA ( test ) firmwares, where developer trying to solve outstanding issues and incorporate suggestions from users, like with latest I published 3/4 issues solved ( gps time zone, folders added, file name according to date / time ), only by trying / testing with removing violet background from v1/08/05 they made picture darker at night, but as mentioned - v1.11.13 is BETA version and they still working on it. Need some twinkling to be done and work is ongoing depending on users feedback and suggestions, thats why beta version was released to public.

Reactions: Zax
For me they both worked fine, but now I use v1.08.05 - this is official FW and I have not heard any glitches reports yet from this FW ( apart from gps time zone in some countries, which is acknowledged and fixed with beta fw ). Everything what is after v1.08.05 are BETA ( test ) firmwares, where developer trying to solve outstanding issues and incorporate suggestions from users, like with latest I published 3/4 issues solved ( gps time zone, folders added, file name according to date / time ), only by trying / testing with removing violet background from v1/08/05 they made picture darker at night, but as mentioned - v1.11.13 is BETA version and they still working on it. Need some twinkling to be done and work is ongoing depending on users feedback and suggestions, thats why beta version was released to public.
Thanks for the complete answer!

The new firmware made the videos darker for sure.

you might have a faulty card.
I'm going to contact SanDisk support to get replacement for this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B009QZH6JS - it looks like it's a known problem, some batches are defective. I didn't use mine with the dashcam, but it keeps unmounting in the phone.
tracked it down to a faulty adapter so put the micro sd in my phone and purchased a samsumg 64 gb sd card now working great.

removing the violet fog has made the videos darker. in doing so has also removed some of the detail from the night time videos. personally i would prefer getting as much detail as possible from the video even if it does mean a bit of violet sometimes. all the other changes in the new firmware are improvements so i'm going to keep it for the time being.
improvements i would like to see in future is
  1. optimized night time video to pick up as much detail as possible
  2. less sensitive g force settings
  3. miles per hour option in settings
  4. official support for 64 gb cards (yes some cards currently work if formatted correctly)

I just got mine and have installed it recently, but haven't driven around with it yet.
The thing I miss is a simple manual to explain what function does what, what the buttons do in which menu, stuff like that. Does anyone have this available ?

Thanks ! Apparently, I looked straight over that obvious link...

Is the lowest price available for this camera the $189 on eBay? Any other good places to pick it up from? (I'm based in the US)

Used to be $175, but yeah that's the lowest I've seen it without a SD card.

189usd including high quality Arkon brand suction mount. Before that there was no suction cup / mount included. 189usd includes also Express delivery, usually 3 work days to Ireland at least. To US maybe 3-5 work days.

My dashcam has a rattle issue that the microphone picks up on massively.
After pressing the case I deducted it was something within the camera, so I opened it up (yes on 1/1/2014).
When the four screws are removed from the top mounting bracket, you need to pry the rest of the case open with a thin spudge, it has clips all around.

9U0uMvL.png

Nice build quality ! Impressed !

LonH4Ze.png

Still impressed !

eoq4d5P.png

To the right we see the problem: the buttons seemed to be my problem with them ever so slightly vibrating against the case.

QlycN8a.png

But unless I have the exact diameter shock absorbing shims, I'm not solving this easily...

ytM32jw.png

... so I used electrical tape which I cut out with a scalpel. The buttons still press the same way but it doesn't have the ever so slightly rattle.

I'll test this concretely soon (tomorrow), but it might be a possible issue that may be best to be addressed and could be easily solved with a thin foam layer between the buttons and the case. Minimal costs and labor I reckon.

Good afternoon, everybody. Happy New Year!
I also have problems with the buttons on a bad road beanbag. Very Sensitive microphone. After the test with electrical tape, write your results. If the knock disappear, I will do as you have. Thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
At first I was thinking it was my power cable or rearview mirror that was giving the rattle sound but I will have to look at the buttons. Thank you for suggestions. Happy New Year!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tested it today and it didn't rattle, so it is obviously something with the buttons and the back of the case, which makes sense since all the other boards/components are either screwed down or have cushioning (see my pics above).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back