Prospective Mini 2 Buyer

NorCal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at buying my 1st Dashcam, a Mini 2, from the Viofo Store @ AliExpress since that seems to be the best bundle price. Was considering the bundle with the Hardwire Kit, CPL Filter, & possibly the Bluetooth Controller.

Some questions:

Is the BT Controller worth the extra $13?

Am a little concerned about people saying the G-Sensor on the Mini 2 is too sensitive even when set to Low and that it locks/protects falsely on rough roads, etc. This seems to still be happening even with newer units with the latest Firmware. Is there nothing Viofo can do to address this issue? I drive/explore in some remote areas of Northern Kalifornistan in National Forests, etc. and feel this would be a PITA.

Lastly, what capacity SD Card should I buy, 128 or 256GB? Was looking at Sandisk Max Endurance and the price difference is a little less than $20 between the two.

Thanks - Dave

Great choice!

Personally I find the BT controller to be very helpful. It's very convenient not having to reach up to the dashcam which is often mounted hidden behind your RVM. You can use the voice control feature, but it sometimes triggers on things unnecessarily so many people choose to disable the feature altogether.

With the G-sensor, I also disable that too. Even at low settings, dashcams still like to trigger on things like potholes, speed bumps, etc. Makes sense when you consider they also need to record if your car gets bumped into while driving. Again I like to disable the G-sensor and in case I get into a crash, I'm going to remember to look at my dashcam footage, lol. That's a top priority.

As for memory cards, like you found they're getting cheap so it is helpful to get a massive one to record for as long as you can without worry about overwriting footage in case you wanted to grab a clip from a few days ago. It's also helpful if you wanna crank up the video quality and/or record in parking mode which uses up even more memory card space. Memory cards are cheap. The footage you're recording may be critically important. Get a good card like the Max Endurance and a big one.

Thanks for the quick reply and helpful tips/info! Is Everything But Stromboli / Bulkmemorycards.com a trusted place to buy cards from? Their pricing is good but I've never ordered from them before.

Back