Query about a previously installed windscreen mount and hardwired lead...

OhMyGodItsMe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a bit of a longshot but does anyone know which dashcam this windscreen mount and lead is for? Apologies that the images aren't the best!

I have just bought a used car and it turns out someone has gone to the effort of hardwiring this in to the car prior to me having it so I was wondering if I can get the same model of dashcam (if it's good enough) then I will just use the same mount and lead.

I understand it's easy to apply another connection to the current lead but I'm just looking to make life easy, if it's possible of course!

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    790.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 6
Looks like something fairly cheap to me, probably not worth bothering with, unless someone recognises it...

We are using USB-C power cables now, for most dashcams, if that is a power cable.
If it is a video cable, it may be useful for pulling a new cable through the roof without having to disassemble too much...

Welcome to the forum :)

Looks like something fairly cheap to me, probably not worth bothering with, unless someone recognises it...

We are using USB-C power cables now, for most dashcams, if that is a power cable.
If it is a video cable, it may be useful for pulling a new cable through the roof without having to disassemble too much...

Welcome to the forum :)
Thank you, I thought that would have been the case so thanks for the input/answer. Would have been too easy otherwise :)

Appreciate the welcome, now the hunt starts… which dashcam to go with. :LOL:

Back