Recommend reliable AC to DC converter to power cams in the house?

Dionic90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Powerucc Panorama X2, Powerucc Panorama G
I don't need something overkill. I just want to be able to power the cams inside off the cigar cord to update firmware, tests, etc.

I got one from Amazon, a simple one, and it was dead on arrival, so now I'm gun shy.

Certainly you cats have some recommendations. Prefer to hear from users that actually have one.

Again, I'm not trying to power a cooler or blow up a tire, just power one of these cams.

Cheers for any feedback.

-Marc

The low cost ones on eBay and amazon wouldn't power anything for me. I went all out on this premium setup since I'm in the biz.

ESG2rhCl.jpg

Don't upgrade the firmware via USB power though. microUSB port on the camera is a factory service port only. (not for transferring files) If you power the Panorama in your home or car via this microUSB port, new recordings won't start automatically. Only use the included 12v cigarette lighter port adapter charger for day to day use.(and to achieve automatic recordings)

yes i know not to upgrade via usb, hence the reason I started this thread.

I guess the majority of cats reading this thread dont need to use an ac/dc converter and instead just leave the cams in the car to test, upgrade, etc.

Of course I expected @Pier28 to be the shining star in this thread.. ;)

I was going to suggest the same as Jokiin. I use my ipad2 plug with the appropriate mini/micro usb cable and it works great. I used it on my Mobius to do time lapse

I use my iPad (3amps) charger aswell, for any of my universal 5V applications.

thanks all. as mentioned, the panorama G needs a cigar power port not usb to do updates, etc.

You need to use a power supply of at least 1 amp to be sure.

Lots have used lesser power and failed especially on the Blackvue models.

Most phone chargers are only about 350mA You can buy the ciggy sockets at a electronic or hobby store and solder a couple of wires on it to connect to power supply

Last edited:
I just use an anker 5 port USB mains adaptor thing. Works fine for pretty much everything except my vita, for some reason. But then, that doesn't seem to work with anything other than its own charger.

Back