Scritchoune's Joovuu X beta2 Testing

scritchoune

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi guys

So as some knows I was really glad to be pulled out of the hat to beta test the Joovuu X.

Untill now I've not had the chance to help Dan a lot because my Beta V1 sample was unable to read any of my SD cards. Now that I've got the Beta V2 Sample, I'm glad to finally be able to earn a bit of the chance I got.

Helas, as I've got very few freetime, I will not pass a lot of hours posting on both here and Joovuu's forum. So most of my actual tests results will be on the later one and be copied here if I think that they are of any real interest and if Dan agrees and if I find (night)time to do it.

So... to begin with... what can be more adapted than a detailed unboxing !

Please remember that this is a Beta version and that the Retail product may or may not be asame or contains the same accessories as this one !

2015-10-01-3723.jpg 2015-10-01-3724.jpg 2015-10-01-3725.jpg 2015-10-01-3727.jpg 2015-10-01-3730.jpg 2015-10-01-3731.jpg 2015-10-01-3732.jpg 2015-10-01-3733.jpg 2015-10-01-3734.jpg 2015-10-01-3735.jpg

To be continued

Last edited:
These pics again remind me and I still find it amazing that such a tiny camera can pack so much punch. Mounting a couple of these in my new car should be a snap since they're so light.

These pics again remind me and I still find it amazing that such a tiny camera can pack so much punch. Mounting a couple of these in my new car should be a snap since they're so light.

I'm sure @Chris Hunt can sort you out.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Hombre,

Just send me Private message when you are ready, and we'll give you whatever extra info you require.

No problemo Chris.

I just now put a deposit on my new car which should be transported to my door here in Ballina by truck from Footscray in Victoria later this month. My plans are for 3 X's....... 2 for the car and one for my electric bike either replacing the cams capacitor with a battery or using a power bank in my pocket.

I think the Original Xiaomi 16000mAh Mobile Power Bank would do the trick or even the 10400mAh with one output might do me. I'm curious to see how long I can power the cam on a reasonable resolution.

EDIT-------- I just remembered that the bike battery has a USB output for powering devices ** Slaps Forehead **

No problemo Chris.

I just now put a deposit on my new car which should be transported to my door here in Ballina by truck from Footscray in Victoria later this month. My plans are for 3 X's....... 2 for the car and one for my electric bike either replacing the cams capacitor with a battery or using a power bank in my pocket.

I think the Original Xiaomi 16000mAh Mobile Power Bank would do the trick or even the 10400mAh with one output might do me. I'm curious to see how long I can power the cam on a reasonable resolution.

EDIT-------- I just remembered that the bike battery has a USB output for powering devices ** Slaps Forehead **
Sounds like you got the Bike covered. But just for interest i am running my X off an 11000Mah power bank so i will see how long it lasts on a full charge.

Let me know how your testing goes on that power bank, what brand is it and what are the settings your using on the camera itself.

I'v just now decided I'm going to get a power bank regardless for when I'm off the bike. I live on a large river here and there is always something going on whether it be whales or dolphins or sharks or capsized boats on the bar or navy ships docked or huge mulloway being tackled, yacht races, huge surf and even shark fatalities but I'll just let that one slide methinks o_O..... I envisage a discreet hat cam setup coming ;)

I use a little 3400 mah ( i think it is ) power bank, so far it have not run dry on out outings with the little RC cars.
And for the most those outings are 2 houres at least, ill try to make a dry run off it tomorrow, and figure out how many mah it actually is.

Flipping to low bitrate to make sure my 64Gb card can hold every second of recording.

Hope i dont get a "1202" ( first computer error of many on the Apollo 11 Landing Module as it made its way towards the surface of the moon )

Let me know how your testing goes on that power bank, what brand is it and what are the settings your using on the camera itself.

I'v just now decided I'm going to get a power bank regardless for when I'm off the bike. I live on a large river here and there is always something going on whether it be whales or dolphins or sharks or capsized boats on the bar or navy ships docked or huge mulloway being tackled, yacht races, huge surf and even shark fatalities but I'll just let that one slide methinks o_O..... I envisage a discreet hat cam setup coming ;)

Okay...So today i plugged my X into a 11000Mah power bank (Kaiser Bass Brand). Started cam at 8.30am. As at 11.00pm tonight both cam and power bank have continued powering and recording non stop without a power out. The cam has basically followed me around from home in car to work for 9 hours and back home. Cam is still running after 14 hours plus off power bank without issue.

I used laser Thermometer to check camera temps every 2 hours on 5 different positions on cam but all temps where well within range. Highest temp recorded during test was 46.2 degrees at Mini HDMI input plug. (after 4 hours continuous running) all other temps were around the 30-35 degrees CelsiusIMG_20151015_123651.jpg mark for test period.

I will check the last 5-6 hours of of video files for corruption or missing files and advise if i find any fault.

Back