Small pause and overlap at the beginning of all files

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
I've noticed something strange.

I have a small overlap at the beginning of each file, and also a little pause.
(Except the first file when I start the car.)

It appears on my both A118 dashcams, with 2 differents brand of 32GB micro SD card.

I've uploaded the end of file 1 and beginning of file 2 :

End of file 1 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxdsi3_riDEkXzg3TENGTEZ2WHc/edit?usp=sharing
Beginning of file 2 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxdsi3_riDEkSlZycGVUeWlxQmM/edit?usp=sharing

Is it a firmware issue ?

Last edited:
I've noticed something strange.

I have a small overlap at the beginning of each file, and also a little pause.
(Except the first file when I start the car.)

It appears on my both A118 dashcams, with 2 differents brand of 32GB micro SD card.

I've uploaded the end of file 1 and beginning of file 2 :

End of file 1 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxdsi3_riDEkXzg3TENGTEZ2WHc/edit?usp=sharing
Beginning of file 2 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxdsi3_riDEkSlZycGVUeWlxQmM/edit?usp=sharing

Is it a firmware issue ?

Is there some frames missing between these 2 files ?
Its firmware issue of 1 sec repeated video overlap transfered to next video clip file beginning. You need precisely to cut exact overlap in order to stich files smoothly. I have fighted with this nearly 2 month but lately found reason and solutuin. Works fine for me now.

It is not so simple.
Look carefully at the file 2 I have uploaded.

It is not only a 1s repeated video.

For example, on my G1W, files are cutted like this :
File 1 : ABCDEFGHIJKL
File 2 : JKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

JKL is repeating, it is normal on G1W.

But on A118 it is different, it seems to be :
File 2 : JKLKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

It is not so simple.
Look carefully at the file 2 I have uploaded.

It is not only a 1s repeated video.

For example, on my G1W, files are cutted like this :
File 2 : JKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

JKL is repeating, it is normal on G1W.

But on A118 it is different, it seems to be :
File 2 : JKLKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
agree, its not simple at all, it gave me headache for past 2 moth. I found solution for myself to cut overlap of beginning of each next file and only then could stich all files together for smooth playback.
Yesterday I tested doing the same with your tunnel shared files, worked fine. Will share result tonight.

For test purpose you may share 5, 6 - 10 files from one footage, I try again if it fully works to be 100% sure with your recordings.

Hard for me to upload this amount of files.
But if it work s for tunnel and this footage, I think it will work for all.
Tell me how to do, and I will test it.

I don't understand why it is so hard to stitch A118 files, compared to G1W.

I've tried to stitch file1 and file2 right now, and now I have another overlap at another moment of the video (when the truck enters from right of picture).
You are right, it is a big headache !!!:mad:

Hard for me to upload this amount of files.
But if it work s for tunnel and this footage, I think it will work for all.
Tell me how to do, and I will test it.

I don't understand why it is so hard to stitch A118 files, compared to G1W.

I've tried to stitch file1 and file2 right now, and now I have another overlap at another moment of the video (when the truck enters from right of picture).
You are right, it is a big headache !!!:mad:
I recommend to register on mega.co.nz file sharing. They give 50Gb free space.
Also download free version on AVD4YOU Video Editor and try cutting / stiching there. But before you need converting files because its unusual .mov file. For some reasons AVS does not accept .mov files from B40, however accepts ALL other many dozens Novatek dadhcams .mov files I had in the past. There are still few things in FW where developer has to work on where comes to data processing / recording.
Or hopefully Registrator viewer developer will have time to adopt RV to re-process all this data automatically.

Thanks, I'm already an AVS user, I'll try this evening.
What do you use to convert .mov file ? Which destination format ?

Did you asked RV developer to work on B40 files processing ?

Thanks, I'm already an AVS user, I'll try this evening.
What do you use to convert .mov file ? Which destination format ?

Did you asked RV developer to work on B40 files processing ?
You dont believe: I convert mov to mov with one converting tool ( dont remember now from head which one, can give at night ), but it works.

I had plan to send a "help-letter" to RV deleloper but I want to try out all other options and get to know issue in full, so I can present full report to him in order he can make adjustments quicker. I need one more week to test few other options / solutions I have in mind and then will report full issue along with all my findings.

Do you know why I can't stitch 2 files together with RV by using "CTRL-HOME" and "CTRL-END" and "Save Fragment" ?

I'm corrently uploading 7 files on my Google Drive : files number 001 to 007.
Upload is in progress, here is the shared path :
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxdsi3_riDEkOXkwWUthR1NYNkU&usp=sharing
Tell me when you will have dowloaded the files, I will delete them to save space.

Last edited:
Do you know why I can't stitch 2 files together with RV by using "CTRL-HOME" and "CTRL-END" and "Save Fragment" ?

you may try to click "Floppy disc icon". , - it works for me well.

Click Floppy Disk icon.jpg

you may try to click "Floppy disc icon". , - it works for me well.
View attachment 5717
Thanks but that was not my question.
I try to cut the frames I do not need, but after cutting the beggining of file 2, the file2 still have some overlap, but at another point.
Would you please try to stitch with RV ?
You will see what's the problem.

Thanks but that was not my question.
I try to cut the frames I do not need, but after cutting the beggining of file 2, the file2 still have some overlap, but at another point.
Would you please try to stitch with RV ?
You will see what's the problem.

At present configurations RV can not stitch together correctly videos from this model. Need to adopt code of RV.
I am using AVS for that.

OK I understand now.

OK I understand now.

I am trying now to change via test'n'try a RV string value. It's not exactly 1000. Will experiment with values and let you know when ready.

Thanks.

Should I continue to upload the 7 files ?

@chris-s
RV registry need to add correct trimTail value and then it will work fine. I tested with 1000ms and it did job 99.9999%, but there is still vvvvery little "micro" overlap.
Instead of 1000ms need to find out exact overlap value and enter into RV registry Editor trimTailMS, - then job is done.
I will not be able to test'n'try today, so maybe you have time to play around with this.

On how to change Registry, check out THIS.

I have made some screenshots for you to make it easier to understand.

StringValue 1000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'm already familiar with Regedit :)

But, that suppose I should enter Regedit each time I need to stitch 2 files, because I have 4 types of dashcams :
- G1W
- G1WH
- A118

Probably should I create a .reg file to run each time I need to stich 2 files ?

Thanks, I'm already familiar with Regedit :)

But, that suppose I should enter Regedit each time I need to stitch 2 files, because I have 4 types of dashcams :
- G1W
- G1WH
- A118

Probably should I create a .reg file to run each time I need to stich 2 files ?

I know that situation, thats why I did not want to mess around with RV earlier,- this will screw up settings for other dashcams. Developer has to add this dashcam to RV list along with special values changed, so every time you work with videos from this dashcam, RV automatically adjusting to work with different values. I guess this way should work. If not, then yes, - every time you need to change trimTail values unfortunately :(

There is a simple way to change trim value in one double-clic.

Just create a 118.reg file with this content :
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DATAKAM PLAYER]
"trimTailMS"="1000"

So, I will create a .reg file for each dashcam, I will just have to run this .reg file each time I run RV ;)

Back