Subaru Forrester XT Drives Off Angels Crest In SoCal

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
Looks like a DOD LS300W dash cam. I wonder if they're on here.

Allready up " car loose control and flip over mountainside! or somthing :D

Lol, "I feel pitty for the fool"... Only if he had stopped filming himself horsing about and dropped the camera- he would have managed to straighten the car, no problem.

or, ya know... maybe learning how to drive before going nuts on a mountain pass. brake BEFORE you get to the turn. countersteer. don't just lift off the gas in the middle of a turn because this is what happens.

don't just lift off the gas in the middle of a turn because this is what happens.
Exactly what I was going to say. That's the reason the Astra's brake pads last so long: in open roads I deal curves with the throttle and the gearbox instead of the brakes.

He was lucky to get stuck on that drainage structure otherwise there was way bigger drop after that.

Last edited:
He definitely caught a break! That looked totally correctable. It looked like he was a passenger rather than a driver. I'm surprised how intact that car was after that. Things definitely happened in his favor that day.

At the start he was driving quite responsibly. He's going to be filming some other idiot going off the road, I thought.
Then it cut to the hand-held filming ****.
Then he was gunning it through the tunnel.
The end was predictable apart from his incredible luck in not falling further.

From what I understood, he was driving a bit fast through the tunnel because it made wonderful sound with his exhaust. He failed to notice the curve ahead and couldn't slow down quickly enough and spun out.

He was lucky he lived. Perhaps he can buy lottery ticket and use his wining for a new car.

Back