Test drive at night with my CR500HD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have uploaded a test video from my dash cam. This is 1080p 30fps in ultra quality. The video starts out from my driveway, goes through a lighted street, then into a very dark road with no street lights. I just wanted to see the contrast between lighted streets compared to non-lighted streets. I think the cam did a good job in the pitch black of night. There were a couple of speed limit signs I could read clearly as I drove past and the safety cones showed good detail. I especialy liked the four way stop at the end of the video. This showed a lot of clear razor sharp imaging of the surrounding intersection. But, who am I to say what is good and what is bad. Take a look and tell me what you think. So far, I am liking the CR500HD. I do have to figure out how to get the glare off the window from my radio. That neon blue light coming from my radio shows a horrible reflection and ruins the video. One thing that I wish this dash cam had was WIFI with an IOS app to use. I have been looking at the BlackVue 500 that is only selling in Korea and I want it. Just the app alone would be cool to use. Maybe someday they will start selling it in the states or on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AmericanDriver,

The video looks about right to me. In those low light conditions most cameras struggle a lot but the FineVu is acceptable. Near the end of the video where lighting is better, you can really see the quality. Thanks for sharing the video.

Here are some more night drive tests with the CR500HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. This should help people out when looking for the quality of this cam. Pretty good if you ask me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmericanDriver CR-500HD 2