Took the plunge

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ordered a DR750X Plus 2 channel set up form the thedashcamstore yesterday. They were very helpful in chat and should have my cam in a few days. Ordering Samsung (128G)and Sandisk (256G) High Endurance SD cards to try out. I think I am going to attempt the install myself. Really wish Blackvue had a 2K HDR cam in this form factor, but I understand larger sensors give up light sensitivity. If I am happy with this scam set up I may go with DR900X for our other car in a few months.

One thing that helped is procrastinating. I put the cam I. The cart on their website and when I cam back the next day to the cart and tried to navigate away it popped up a 10% discount, that just made it easy to pull the trigger right then.

Nice!

I have the DR750X Plus 2ch and am very happy with it.. I think you'll also be pleased with yours..

Ordered a DR750X Plus 2 channel set up form the thedashcamstore yesterday. They were very helpful in chat and should have my cam in a few days. Ordering Samsung (128G)and Sandisk (256G) High Endurance SD cards to try out. I think I am going to attempt the install myself. Really wish Blackvue had a 2K HDR cam in this form factor, but I understand larger sensors give up light sensitivity. If I am happy with this scam set up I may go with DR900X for our other car in a few months.
Good news! There is a thing called Blackvue DR 750-"Gold" which is above "Plus" that is actually 2k 60fps front dash, which is a dealer exclusive model.

Drawback is that you need to buy a car from a dealership that also have that dealer exclusive Blackvue DR 750 - Gold :(

Good news! There is a thing called Blackvue DR 750-"Gold" which is above "Plus" that is actually 2k 60fps front dash, which is a dealer exclusive model.

Drawback is that you need to buy a car from a dealership that also have that dealer exclusive Blackvue DR 750 - Gold :(
Well that is dumb and rather limiting. I am hoping for that to change or maybe a DR900X Plus soon when I am ready for the cam for our other car in a few months.

1st I've ever heard of this.. Have any links to its existence? Thanks!

1st I've ever heard of this.. Have any links to its existence? Thanks!
No sorry, I tried looking it up when the dealer replied to me when I told him I was not happy with Thinkware 30fps

Sent this email about it

(Car dealer)

Thank you for your reply, is it possible to request a different brand/model?

The one you told me is limited to 30 fps

I prefer 1080 at 60 fps

Got this reply

Hi (me),

We also have Blackvue DR 750-GOLD.

Replied

(Car dealer)

Now we are talking.

I have been looking at BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus. I do not need LTE ( I do not touch Vodafone )

I do not see any models with “GOLD” I assume you really meant “Plus”?

Got this reply

Hi (me),

Blackvue DR750 “Gold “ Pro is dealer exclusive. It has 60fps , 2K Front and 1080 Rear, so higher specs than the “Plus”. Are you happy with this?

I can take a pic of it and the manual if it has the model "Gold" when I pick up my car in September.
Car is currently being shipped over from east.

EDIT: Got an update, car on a boat on it's way to Fremantle docks and should arrive 15th/16th this month and should be able to pick it up the following week.

Last edited:
Installed the DR750 xPlus today. Install went smooth, easier than I thought. This cam runs very warm just recording and I didn't even have it in the car yet. Had trouble reliably connecting to the cam from the app. I touwl connect to my phone, but app would keep saying could not connect with wifi. Had to disconnect cam and receonent to get it to work. This happened more than one. Took it out for a spin to see how good it was and well, I am less than impressed. My video quality is not as good as the images I have seen only from other people. I have the setting on Extreme so not sure why it doesn't look so good. And the back cam is also rather poor. I will give it a spin for a week or so and email Blackvue as to why they think the video does not look great and why it does not reliably connect from app to cam even though my phone is connected to the cam. I would give this camera 3 out of 5 especially consider the price.

Did you get the Live Event Upload to work?
I feel like the image quality is descent.
I did clean my windshield 1st.
I don’t have a rear camera yet.
EDIT: Firmware update fixed my issue.

686-F41-BC-45-E0-4-E8-F-8-A01-439651746-DDB.png

Last edited:
Yours look about what mine looks like then. Oddly when I watch samples I see online athey look far better.

Cam.jpg

camr-rear.jpg

To be honest I am fine with the video quality if the Live Event Uploads will work but if I can’t get it to work I’m sending the camera back.

I bought it for auto uploads and that isn’t working for me.

Have not tried that yet. Hope to play more this week with it. Thinking Garmin 57 for wife's car as the Blackvue is a bit of a disappointment for me.

Ok, I picked up the car yesterday and I now have proof there is such a thing as BlackVue DR750G-2CH Pro. It was not "Gold", sorry. Still cannot find "Pro" on BlackVue website.

Here is proof of it via picture of the manual with the full product title. You can also see "2K QHD" on the dashcam itself.

imageedit_1_8160569044.jpg

Last edited:
Well I just found out I got the wrong product.

Pro does record in 2k but at 30fps.

The actual product I should have got is this. Will contact dealership on Tuesday (Monday public holiday over here) :mad:

Is 1080P @ 60 fps actually an improvement over 4K UHD @ 30 fps?

Legit question, not being a smartass...

I cant say VS 4K/30, but 1080p 60 FPS VS 30 FPS dont really matter, it is extremely marginal if the 60 FPS camera will capture something the 30 FPS camera dont.
but 1080p/60 VS 4K/30 that is like comparing apples to a watermelon, no idea who would win that one.

Difference is most obvious when your camera is in motion, lower fps is more blurry when objects are in motion. I can easily see that when I record 4k at 30fps vs 60fps on my phone.

Same thing for 2k, Not much difference when recording static still objects but very easy to see when recording moving objects. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see.

Difference is most obvious when your camera is in motion, lower fps is more blurry when objects are in motion. I can easily see that when I record 4k at 30fps vs 60fps on my phone.

Same thing for 2k, Not much difference when recording static still objects but very easy to see when recording moving objects. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see.

Wow, that is a huge difference. Thanks.

OK I drove around with my DR900X+ today and sent back the DR750X+. To my eye the 900X+ looks better. Many factors come in to play over 30 vs. 60 fps. I am sure there are scenarios where the 750X+ might grab something due to the higher frame rate, but to me the 750X+ was over sharpening too much. Even my wife picked up on that and said how trees looked odd when you came to a stop as all of a sudden the leave would get over sharpened. The 750X+ colors seemed flatter while the 900X+ seemed a bit over saturated, likely due to the wider dynamic range and how they are processing the image. My guess is in most circumstances where dash cam video will help in an accident or claim either will work fine. I do think for plates the 900X+ may be a tad better, but all cams struggles with moving cars. I will try and put some comparisons up next weekend since I have the 750X+ footage saved off and once I can do my daily commute I can roughly compare the two.

High sharpness values are nothing new, i remember vivid coming from a Lukas dashcam to another less sharp camera, TBH at first i had problems with the new camera as i was so used to the old overly sharp image.
To me now about a decade later, i feel like overly sharp image are either a sign of a immature firmware, or a Korean camera CUZ those guys do like sharp it seem.

Really if it was up to me there should be a option to choose sharpness level, at least over other things they put in dashcams such as ADAS and so on.

Back