Tow truck arsonist overlooks a dashcam ... SD card survives

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
I started a video involving some tow trucks in the "Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) " sub forum. There has been discussions about the problems here and the benefits of regulation. There is a turf war going on in the Toronto Area. I have recommendations being sent to my youtube account on tow trucks and there are videos appearing in reddit from time to time.

Anyway, a dash cam captured an arson job. I thought some of you would be interested in this and it deserves a discussion on its own.

So a few points on this
  1. The camera must either have been discrete or the arsonist is blind
    • My sister in law drove into our driveway with a big honking blue camera. I got a good chuckle. I said oh you finally got one, but my gawd can it be any more obvious. She blames her husband who is a bit of a know it all
  2. The sd card survived
  3. It must have either been hardwired OR have a battery pack. Not sure if there would be enough of an impact to make the parking mode record or it was running continuously like I started to do with my new camera with a pack
  4. It was done in broad daylight.

The camera turn on before that guy getting close to the car without any impact (that guy didn't even touch the car). That was pretty cool feature. Good job Thinkware.

Back