Transcend DrivePro 200 Wi-Fi FullHD Dash Camera ( Drive Pro )

Looks good

At the moment its the best price vs value branded dashcam. Lets not forget it has WiFi.
Also 28 days return policy, 16gb included, and free shipping ( within Ireland ? )

Hmm think about it but i buy new Vicovation TF2 EZ for 90€ :)

It's £76 if you choose amazon under more buying choices (saw it on hotukdeals) 2-4 week delay.

Price can change every day. I was telling about present situation ;)

Me personally have different needs, because I am spoiled with dashcams, so I don't like non of them :). My requirements are in 3-5x higher price-range.
However for beginner dashcam user, especially for Irish market I am happy to see Transcend model here. Knowing what kind of dashcam cr_p sold here at the moment, this Transcend is one of the best price vs value on local market which I could recommend for average Joe.
I can not judge HP200 vs Transcend, because I havn't had them in hand. Only side by side comparison can determine whats good, whats bad. I have a feeling even if they are at same level, then Transcend have advantage of having WiFi.

Last edited:
Hello,

I just ordered G1WH from banggood for 37 eur as my first car cam.

I found Transcend DrivePro 200 in local eshop for about 91 eur.

Does DP200 have something extra over G1WH with respect to their prices (except WiFi of course) ?

Is the WiFi such useful feature at car camera?

Any major difference in video quality?

Thanks

Hello,

I just ordered G1WH from banggood for 37 eur as my first car cam.

I found Transcend DrivePro 200 in local eshop for about 91 eur.

Does DP200 have something extra over G1WH with respect to their prices (except WiFi of course) ?

Is the WiFi such useful feature at car camera?

Any major difference in video quality?

Thanks

Built quality and reliability difference I guess, but how big ratio of price vs difference, - it's hard to say if dont have both in hand.

Love the Q&A "this camera does not feature loop recording"

So when the card is full, that's it? how do you know when the card is full? how does the camera tell you? & wouldn't you be royally scr3wed if the card filled up & cam stopped recording just before some moron piles into you?

Love the Q&A "this camera does not feature loop recording"

So when the card is full, that's it? how do you know when the card is full? how does the camera tell you? & wouldn't you be royally scr3wed if the card filled up & cam stopped recording just before some moron piles into you?

You mean no loop recording for HP or Transcend ?

Note:
One video file is saved for every 3 or 5 minutes of recording. See Using the Menu 在第 20 頁.
The device saves the recording in the memory card. If the memory card capacity is full, the
oldest file in the memory card is overwritten.

If referring to the HP F200 car camcorder, the above note is from the user manual.

Niko, I meant the HP.
Parklawn, What I said was taken directly from Argos' Q&A

I thought loop recording is must-have in every dash cam with no question asked. Strange that HP don't have it, or maybe there is some confusion in Q&A ? :confused:

I'll go with complete confusion in Q&A.
As you say, it isn't a dashcam if it doesn't have loop

Loop recording in any dash cam is as important as having lens in dashcam :D
I think there is a typo regarding Q&A, but it's good to point out to them in order to not confuse buyers.

Hi folks, I've had one of these land today and to be honest I'm not all that impressed so far!

I've uploaded a raw daytime video clip - links in a few posts.

It doesn't seem to play directly on my iPhone but it works fine on my Mac or PC via the likes of VLC and the clip is around 110MB. For reference the device came out of the box with firmware v1.17 - 1.19 is available but doesn't mention improvements to image quality.

The shaking is terrible - in all fairness this is temporarily held on but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad - is this normal?

Also sharpness doesn't seem great and you can't read number plates while driving which kind of defeats the object of the device in the first place.

It was a toss up between this and the Mini0801 and I'm wondering if this was a bad choice.

I'll head out later when it's dark and get some night time footage.

Last edited:
Back