Viofo A119 Mini 2 dash cam, no voice control.

Landbo

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi. Bought a Viofo A119 Mini 2 dash cam. The camera so far works well as a dash cam, but the voice control to control the camera, there is no person in the house who can make it react/work. Voice control is of course enabled in setup and we trying to speak so clear English as possible. Both firmware and Androi APP are the last versions from Viofo.com. Is there a helpful soul out in the bit jungle who has an idea of what we are doing wrong. :cry:

PS. The microphone on the camera works ok.

Last edited:
Turn on the dash cam, and play these videos for it with adequate volume.
If the voice commands don't work you may have a defective unit, and you should return it to your retailer.
-Chuck

Thank you very much for the tip about using videos to try the voice control with, I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately, it is still very difficult to get the camera to respond no matter how loud or low I play the linked videos here in front of the computer, where there is no background noise. The command that works best is WiFi on/off and screen on/off, the remaining commands the camera cannot capture constantly. Will try write to Viofo Bennelux in the Netherlands where the camera was bought and ask what they think.

Thanks again, Leif.

Thank you very much for the tip about using videos to try the voice control with, I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately, it is still very difficult to get the camera to respond no matter how loud or low I play the linked videos here in front of the computer, where there is no background noise. The command that works best is WiFi on/off and screen on/off, the remaining commands the camera cannot capture constantly. Will try write to Viofo Bennelux in the Netherlands where the camera was bought and ask what they think.

Thanks again, Leif.
Wait until they come to the forum:

viofo

VIOFO-Support

They will tell you what to do.

Yes ok, I'll just wait to contact Viofo Benelux until China comes along.

Yes ok, I'll just wait to contact Viofo Benelux until China comes along.
"Viofo Benelux" is the seller and he can only exchange your Mini 2 for another of the same kind.
These two comrades are representatives of the manufacturer and perhaps they have a firmware that solves your problem.
But you have to wait until Monday.

"Viofo Benelux" is the seller and he can only exchange your Mini 2 for another of the same kind.
These two comrades are representatives of the manufacturer and perhaps they have a firmware that solves your problem.
But you have to wait until Monday.
Yes, I am well aware of that, but if my dash cam is defective, it is Viofo Benelux that has to exchange it, as the camera was bought from them.

Yes, I am well aware of that, but if my dash cam is defective, it is Viofo Benelux that has to exchange it, as the camera was bought from them.
If you are sure that it is not working, then of course change it. But perhaps you are talking to Mini 2 in different languages ... :unsure:
My copy understands me, but I do not talk to him. :D

If you are sure that it is not working, then of course change it. But perhaps you are talking to Mini 2 in different languages ... :unsure:
My copy understands me, but I do not talk to him. :D

No no, I only speak English to my Viofo dash cam, can neither speak nor understand some of the other languages the camera supposedly understands. LOL

Thanks again, Leif.
So sorry to hear that. Firstly, please make sure the commands are totally correctly spoken to the camera. According to our tests, Take Photo and Lock the Video are the most sensitive commands during them, could you please try these two commands again to confirm if the camera will react? Shall we have a video for analysis? If it is convenient for you, please upload a video showing the process here: https://viofo.wetransfer.com/ Please advise us after uploading. We will try to give you a resolution before getting a replacement.

So sorry to hear that. Firstly, please make sure the commands are totally correctly spoken to the camera. According to our tests, Take Photo and Lock the Video are the most sensitive commands during them, could you please try these two commands again to confirm if the camera will react? Shall we have a video for analysis? If it is convenient for you, please upload a video showing the process here: https://viofo.wetransfer.com/ Please advise us after uploading. We will try to give you a resolution before getting a replacement.

Yes, thank you, I will make a little video where I try to use the voice control. Is it enough that you get the video from the dash cam in the lowest resolution?

Is it enough that you get the video from the dash cam in the lowest resolution?
I think it is the sound that they need! Low resolution should be fine, but make sure the audio is not muted.

Yes, thank you, I will make a little video where I try to use the voice control. Is it enough that you get the video from the dash cam in the lowest resolution?

I have now uploaded a file to your website, unfortunately there are problems with uploading file no. 2, but it can probably be dispensed as it just contains the same attempt at voice control.

Back