What kind of dashcam does an uber driver really need?

I wouldn't say that, the only people i immediately allow myself to put stickers on, is politicians and overly religious people of all faiths.
6 gen wifi are indeed snappy :eek: I am not a wifi fan, but the geek inside me still notice things like that.

The dashcam wifi of only a few years back, even if it was also 5 GHZ was just a joke, had i been a fan of it, i would probably even go as far as had called it a insult.
And thats no good, CUZ i always have a gauntlet on me and are ready to slap it across anyones face and demand my honor is restored.
Didn't mean to offend haha, but unfortunately there are some folks out there that would say "why would you need wifi 6, why would you need xxx feature". If the technology is there then why can't we have it you know. IP cams have got wifi 6 now so why the hell not.

"why would you need wifi 6" on a dashcam?

The memory cards are not going to keep up, so it can't be for the speed...

The WOLFBOX I17 utilizes SONY sensors. We have upgraded the WiFi on the I17 product from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz, resulting in a 4-5 times increase in transmission speed. This improvement enables faster and more convenient video downloads through the app. You no longer need to rely on a computer to view the videos. Once connected to WiFi, you can easily access and view them anytime using the app.
Which Sony sensor though? 4k true or 4k interpolated. I have so many questions ...

Last edited by a moderator:
"why would you need wifi 6" on a dashcam?

The memory cards are not going to keep up, so it can't be for the speed...
Took a minute or so to transfer a 4k front camera file from N4 Pro to my phone, would much rather that happen in 10 or 20 seconds to be honest

I must be pretty sad because even with the N4 Pro the wifi was decently fast but I wanted the 4K files to transfer faster. Get us wifi 6!
WIFI 6 May not be there yet. But you can tell me, if there are two kinds of tachograph with similar price and configuration, will you choose WiFi 5 or WIFI 6? Is it just because he has a faster transmission speed?

WIFI 6 May not be there yet. But you can tell me, if there are two kinds of tachograph with similar price and configuration, will you choose WiFi 5 or WIFI 6? Is it just because he has a faster transmission speed?
I have a few ideas please check your private message DM

To answer your question I will choose wifi 6, and I think most people will even if they don't understand the differences in technology. If something is faster e.g. mobile phone, they will buy it over the other one.

I wouldn't say that, the only people i immediately allow myself to put stickers on, is politicians and overly religious people of all faiths.
6 gen wifi are indeed snappy :eek: I am not a wifi fan, but the geek inside me still notice things like that.

The dashcam wifi of only a few years back, even if it was also 5 GHZ was just a joke, had i been a fan of it, i would probably even go as far as had called it a insult.
And thats no good, CUZ i always have a gauntlet on me and are ready to slap it across anyones face and demand my honor is restored.
If someone buys or reviews our brand, as a driver, what would you like to know more about?

If someone buys or reviews our brand, as a driver, what would you like to know more about?
In a followup to the G900, I'd say Sony Starvis 2 sensors for front and rear cam, wifi 6 if possible but at least 5ghz wifi. Interested GPS if possible.

@ElsaNS7 Are you a manufacturer / retailer?
If so @DashCamMan will upgrade your status.

You may have violated forum rules by posting links to your products;

@ElsaNS7 could you clarify if you are a manufacturer or a reseller.
@Panzer Platform mentioned clarifying what you represent will help us understand who we are dealing with.

If you qualify as a manufacturer you you may get more answers to your questions.

Still waiting on a DM from you providing dashcamman recognises you as a manufacture.

Thanks

Looks like @ElsaNS7 is part of the manufacturer. Tag has been added and sales links removed.
it now says "Manufacturer" under the username, but it doesn't say which manufacturer; can you replace Location by Manufacturer Name for Manufacturers, or something else that makes it easy to see who they are?

Definitely a manufacturer in DMs Elsa says they are targeting Uber drivers with their products so will be interesting to see where they go with their future product lines.

Not sure how much existing success Wolfbox has, never heard of them before a few weeks ago..

I'm sorry for not being able to reply in time due to the time difference. I'm the manufacturer, the official representative of the WOLFBOX brand. In fact, I had already contacted the person in charge of the website on the first day of registration, asking for the name of the manufacturer, but I never got a reply.

@ElsaNS7 could you clarify if you are a manufacturer or a reseller.
@Panzer Platform mentioned clarifying what you represent will help us understand who we are dealing with.

If you qualify as a manufacturer you you may get more answers to your questions.

Still waiting on a DM from you providing dashcamman recognises you as a manufacture.

Thanks
I'm the manufacturer. It's the official brand representative of WOLFBOX. We have a good record at Amazon. G840S is still the bestseller. Our brand would like to get a special seat in the brand column of this forum, which can be used to understand user needs, help users solve problems, and help more owners through professional knowledge answers. For the majority of car owners to provide more suitable tachograph.

it now says "Manufacturer" under the username, but it doesn't say which manufacturer; can you replace Location by Manufacturer Name for Manufacturers, or something else that makes it easy to see who they are?
Thanks for your suggestion, I will replace the address part with the manufacturer's title, but I am not sure if this is against the regulations.

Definitely a manufacturer in DMs Elsa says they are targeting Uber drivers with their products so will be interesting to see where they go with their future product lines.

Not sure how much existing success Wolfbox has, never heard of them before a few weeks ago..
The WOLFBOX i17 is our flagship release this month, featuring two standard cameras and three camera options. It is primarily designed for Uber drivers. However, our long-standing products like the G900 and G840S cater to all car owners without a specific target audience. In fact, our G900 product on Instagram has collaborated with diverse off-road enthusiasts to encourage exciting adventures, exploration, and safe travel.

I'm the manufacturer. It's the official brand representative of WOLFBOX. We have a good record at Amazon. G840S is still the bestseller. Our brand would like to get a special seat in the brand column of this forum, which can be used to understand user needs, help users solve problems, and help more owners through professional knowledge answers. For the majority of car owners to provide more suitable tachograph.
Thank you for clarifying who you are.
Do you also make a car fridge and EV charger?
Do you make a LiFePO4 battery pack something very useful for dashcams when working in parking mode.

On your website i didn't see dimensions of your new unit.
I may have missed it but i didn't see what processor is used or the type of sensors used.
Checking the app it looks like it is about a year old and updated 3 weeks ago which is good to see.
I also noticed another dash cam called redtiger that looks like it uses exactly the same wifi program just called a different name.
Is Redtiger also part of your dashcam range?

To get traction like Vantrue has on this site supply dashcams to regular reviewers on this website.
That's how they increased their exposure.

The down side of posting here is if the product doesn't work as advertised it will be discussed on this site.
If the product hasn't gone to market then reviewers will be kinder in their reviews as they will assume the company will try to fix what ever doesn't work correctly.

You are welcome to contact me using the message system on this site as first contact.
Cheers

Thank you for clarifying who you are.
Do you also make a car fridge and EV charger?
Do you make a LiFePO4 battery pack something very useful for dashcams when working in parking mode.

On your website i didn't see dimensions of your new unit.
I may have missed it but i didn't see what processor is used or the type of sensors used.
Checking the app it looks like it is about a year old and updated 3 weeks ago which is good to see.
I also noticed another dash cam called redtiger that looks like it uses exactly the same wifi program just called a different name.
Is Redtiger also part of your dashcam range?

To get traction like Vantrue has on this site supply dashcams to regular reviewers on this website.
That's how they increased their exposure.

The down side of posting here is if the product doesn't work as advertised it will be discussed on this site.
If the product hasn't gone to market then reviewers will be kinder in their reviews as they will assume the company will try to fix what ever doesn't work correctly.

You are welcome to contact me using the message system on this site as first contact.
Cheers
Seems like a lot of Chinese products do the same, for example light bulbs use the same app (Blitzwolf, Arlec, Mirabella) they are just skinned differently. Makes sense cos the devices all use the Tuya protocol, and they save money by doing it this way - so perhaps what they do with Redtiger too.

That's it when it comes to reviewing, we're all here to give constructive criticism and ongoing testing for dash cameras. Make points and find bugs/faults that perhaps the normal end user in testing wouldn't find. It's all for the betterment of the product and our hobby too.

Back