Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

I also couldn't get GPS. Los Angeles Zone. Formatted the SD card with the blackvue. GPS works but no voice for "starting normal recording" or "the blackvue is shutting down". I think the voice files just got erased? Its not in the "system" folder so I think its in the root folder?

FYI: The time in the screenshot below isn't correct. It was around 12:30PM when I took those screen captures. I will head out in the evening when the sun is more annoying and see how the camera's auto exposure handles that.

jsan said:
Thanks for the firmware Mio, Can't wait to see what adjustments are possible.

I took it for a test drive and noticed a difference in the Exposure. Before when the exposure used to washout the entire video fames or blackout the enitre video frames while adjusting to the sunlight. Now I didn't see that. Which means the exposure fix is working.

Here is a picture screenshot I took before and after updating to the new firmware. The time difference is maybe 30min-45min as seen by the shadows.

View the picture in full size (Each individual picture is linked below in 1080p)

if you look at the trees, you notice that the trees were blurry before; especially the furthest away small tree in front of the white car. And after the firmware update those far away trees become much sharper.

6fnhnSa.gif

Link to those two individual pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/D2i2Ngy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/M84kVKB.jpg

Now I gotta remove the stamp and disable the time/date/speed. Also I didn't get any speed, is the GPS working for everyone? I don't really care but I'm curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mio said:
Heocon said:
2. Put the SD card into the VDR and power up, the VDR will upgrade the FW then recording normaly, the voice is normal but no gps ( the vdr is on the open space )
3. I take the SD card out and format it by the laptop then put back to the VDR and power up then i get gps ( the blue led is lit ) but no voice
you change something in the settings?

Yet at whom that this has?

I gps worked all the time, I do not understand why you do not work
with gps we did not do anything, just reset the chip to the factory

No. I do not change anything in the setting. Tomorow i will compare 2 setting files ( 2. And 3. ) to see if there is any difference and then will do everything from begining. Thanks a lot Mio.

Tomorrow we are will check everything again :(

Heocon, I'm sorry, the file version.bin written Korea :oops: :oops: :oops:

'll fix

cisf0rcalvin said:
I also couldn't get GPS. Los Angeles Zone. Formatted the SD card with the blackvue. GPS works but no voice for "starting normal recording" or "the blackvue is shutting down". I think the voice files just got erased? Its not in the "system" folder so I think its in the root folder?

That is exactly the same with me. Mio, can you check?.? Or have we to change something before upgrade??

Heocon said:
cisf0rcalvin said:

That is exactly the same with me. Mio, can you check?.? Or have we to change something before upgrade??

Same her, but GPS does not work either!! :? Updated from 1.0.5ES to 1.1.1aE with no modification to config files besides copying Stockholm to citytime-folder.

a look the file version.bin, when not working gps (Korea or English)?

Mio said:
English I think:
Code:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

Mio said:

English also. Thank you for looking into this. :D

Just wanted to clarify: Voice works in the beginning, but no GPS. Changed the Time Zone too but no luck. After formatting, GPS works but no voice.

and does not work GPS :shock: :shock: :shock:

cisf0rcalvin said:
Mio said:

English also. Thank you for looking into this. :D

Just wanted to clarify: Voice works in the beginning, but no GPS. Changed the Time Zone too but no luck. After formatting, GPS works but no voice.

Mio said:
and does not work GPS :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes! Voice worked one time right after update for me. Have not tried formating to see if GPS works ...

I do not understand
gps not work at all???

With a voice I sorted out

GPS signal shows full whole time in Pitasoft Software. I got one marking in the map right after update, but no speed or map/gps update.

Mio said:
I do not understand
gps not work at all???

GPS doesn't work at all when I update from 1.005 to 1.1.1. Voice alerts are working. I turned it off and on a few times but no blue light.

I then used the blackvue to format the SD card because I was driving. GPS works but no voice alert. (sound still records)

I will try to redo the firmware update later.

cisf0rcalvin said:
Mio said:
I do not understand
gps not work at all???

GPS doesn't work at all when I update from 1.005 to 1.1.1. Voice alerts are working. I turned it off and on a few times but no blue light.

I then used the blackvue to format the SD card because I was driving. GPS works but no voice alert. (sound still records)

It was said early in the thread NOT to format with the camera Do it in a Computer and preferably use the SD formatter program.

Hillbilly said:
cisf0rcalvin said:
Mio said:
I do not understand
gps not work at all???

It was said early in the thread NOT to format with the camera Do it in a Computer and preferably use the SD formatter program.

Oh alright. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll see what happens after.

I put the Los_Angeles file in the citytime folder and my time is wrong, reading midnight. I am also only getting 7500kbps. I tried to format the card again and install the pacific file, but the Blackvue gave me the "initializing SD card" alert and is still recording at 7500kbps.

djrams80 said:
I put the Los_Angeles file in the citytime folder and my time is wrong, reading midnight. I am also only getting 7500kbps. I tried to format the card again and install the pacific file, but the Blackvue game the "initializing SD card" alert and is still recording at 7500kbps.

Take it outside and let it find the satellites and it should come right

Are there anyone running this new custom FW without GPS/Voice issue? I was going to try it this weekend but not sure if I could handle the problem.

I sent PM - how do I get new FW?

Back