My DVR-207 experiences

I'll double check it tomorrow, but sure it was set on 30 FPS. All the roads here have expansioin cracks in them (Tucson is known for it's sucky roads), so that may at least be part of it, but I'll check tomorrow and either confirm or deny. I'll also try some of the "shorter" time settings, it occurs to me that these little cameras probably can't buffer very well on long clips, and that little piece I put up was about 45 minutes into it.

mariomart said:
shafferb0b1 said:
OK, so here's a shortish clip from today. 720P at 30FPS, 2,5,10 switch set to off, EV at 0, motion off, etc. 16GB Sandisk Pro class 10. Just driving along, running on battery (camera and the car both).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYZvMbijes

That looks a lot less that 30fps, sure you didn't have it on 15fps? It appears very jumpy compared to other sample videos I have seen, mine included.

Cheers :) Mario

Hey Mario, you're right, your clips are much smoother. Can you post your settings and let me try those out on my camera? Resolution wise and such like I don't see much difference, but your videos are definitely smooother than mine. It's also possible that I intruced some "funk" into the thing in post-processing. I wanted to get the LONG video into iMovie so I could chop it down a bit, which meant converting it from AVI to MP4 using iSkySoft Video Converter then having iMovie sent it off to YouTube. Do you have an easier way?

Can you just import AVI's directly into YouTube? I looked at the MP4 version (just the conversion from AVI to MP4) and it was quite a bit better. iTunes just won't edit AVI files directly it seems. Need to do a bit more reading on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
shafferb0b1 said:
Hey Mario, you're right, your clips are much smoother. Can you post your settings and let me try those out on my camera? Resolution wise and such like I don't see much difference, but your videos are definitely smooother than mine. It's also possible that I intruced some "funk" into the thing in post-processing. I wanted to get the LONG video into iMovie so I could chop it down a bit, which meant converting it from AVI to MP4 using iSkySoft Video Converter then having iMovie sent it off to YouTube. Do you have an easier way?

Can you just import AVI's directly into YouTube? I looked at the MP4 version (just the conversion from AVI to MP4) and it was quite a bit better. iTunes just won't edit AVI files directly it seems. Need to do a bit more reading on that.

I think your video conversion processing has introduced the jumpy framerate.

My settings are 720p, 30fps, 5 minute clips, motion detection off, IR off, No change to EV (Exposure Value) with a 32Gb Sandisk Class 10 30Mb/ps CD card.

When I uploaded to Youtube I just selected the shortest clips saved to my card (generally it would be the end of trips where the DVR finalizes prior to shutting down) without any shenanigans.

Hope this helps.

Olli said:
I asked the seller about camera unexpectedly shutdown, and here is the respond ~
Hi,friend,
We think it is the problem of its memory card!Some poor memory card can not be compatible with this camera,so it will be power off when card fully;
If our buyers can test it without any memory card plug into,you can find it can power on always!

So,if you find its screen go blank,we suggest that you can use one class10 memory card,and with brand memory card for this camera,thanks!
I'm glad to be able to announce that my DVR207 has already worked for three days without any blackouts!

Earlier I had a SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 in my camera and there were blackouts about once a day.
Now I have Transcend SDHC 16GB class10 and everything works OK (except for the annoying interference of course).
(Btw I didn't format the card in the camera but in the Windows.)

Could we understand now that the Transcend is a brand memory card and a poor SanDisk is not?

Could we understand now that the Transcend is a brand memory card and a poor SanDisk is not?

Yes, it's annoying how hit-and-miss this is.

I now have my SD card USB reader, and I used it and the SD Formatter program linked above to format the cards that do NOT work in the DVR.

The Formatter program does not allow you to set sector size, or even change from FAT to FAT32 :roll: Why?

Also, its Full Format takes a few seconds, so it doesn't seem to be a really full format.

So I may have to try to format these cards with Windows7 + Card Reader. :shock:

I was successful in a full 32Gb format of the card. FAT32 @ 32kb.

So now to try it in the DVR... :|

Good News!

The 32Gb card that previously would not work in the DVR, after reformatting as described above now works in the DVR without causing hangups.

One last comment about eBay seller estore009 (Vicky / Bob).

They have undertaken to send me various items to fix the problems I've had with the unit.

None of these items has arrived.

That's not to say they were not sent, just that I have not yet received them.

Has anyone else had similar promises made, and kept?

Ramshackle said:
One last comment about eBay seller estore009 (Vicky / Bob).

They have undertaken to send me various items to fix the problems I've had with the unit.

None of these items has arrived.

That's not to say they were not sent, just that I have not yet received them.

Has anyone else had similar promises made, and kept?

Still waiting on my new charger. Hopefully should be here soonish.

They probably sent it out without tracking number, and maybe with China Post. Untracked CHP delivery will take 2~6 weeks depending your location.

My DVR-207 just arrived 20 minutes ago, ill be sure to chuck a review up once I get it running :)

Lajos said:
Earlier I had a SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 in my camera and there were blackouts about once a day.
Now I have Transcend SDHC 16GB class10 and everything works OK (except for the annoying interference of course).
(Btw I didn't format the card in the camera but in the Windows.)
Ramshackle said:
Good News!
The 32Gb card that previously would not work in the DVR, after reformatting as described above now works in the DVR without causing hangups.
Obviously the formatting is essential to make the cards compatible with DVR-207. I formatted all my cards with SDFormatter. Now 16GB and 32GB Transcends and even the ”poor” 16GB SanDisk work fine without any problems.

Lajos said:
Obviously the formatting is essential to make the cards compatible with DVR-207. I formatted all my cards with SDFormatter. Now 16GB and 32GB Transcends and even the ”poor” 16GB SanDisk work fine without any problems.[/quote]

Windows does not follow the same formatting protocol as specified for SD cards, most cameras are ok with this but correct formatting will often help with the fussy ones

Er ... I formatted with Windows7 (gives you much more control than the rather poor SD Formatter program) + a proper Card Reader, and now the cards work fine in the DVR.

What did NOT work was formatting the card in the DVR. The DVR cannot properly format some cards.

DashCamMan said:
Some of these Chinese cameras act strange with SD cards. There have been many cases where a class 4 or class 6 card is recommend instead of a class 10 card (Mouse DVR for example). Worth a try if you are having issues.

this is what I'm thinking. I jsut received my dvr-207 today, and while driving for lunch I was recording. Before I left, I was trying to get this dashcam to work with my sandisk ultra II 16gb, but it wouldn't read it at all.

I push the ON button, and it starts its' startup cycle, but then goes to a black screen.

I grabbed a old class 2 sandisk 2Gb and it works fine with it... GO figure?

Since I knew the camera was working now, I tried inserting the 16gb again. It powered off once again!

Once I got back to work, I found the f500LHD has much better video quality than the DVR207.

If you look at the lower left corner, the image is very soft.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 1.27.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 1.27.44 PM.png
    464.2 KB · Views: 516
lkwan78 said:
I found the f500LHD has much better video quality than the DVR207.

You're comparing apples to oranges. The F500LHD is Full HD 1080p and the DVR207 is HD 720p (forget about the 1440x1080p mode as it's Interpolated). The DVR207 has half the resolution of the F500LHD, and is probably half the price.

The blurriness in the image could be from the lens not being mounted correctly. I have seen other photos showing the lens unit not sitting flush with the CMOS sensor, it can be corrected by carefully adjusting and re-seating it yourself.

My conclusion: I think that for the price, the 207 does an acceptable job, which is to provide us with forensic evidence of driving mishaps.

Ramshackle said:
My conclusion: I think that for the price, the 207 does an acceptable job, which is to provide us with forensic evidence of driving mishaps.
+1

I have a SanDisk 16GB Class 10 card that transfers at about 20MB/s and works fine in every other device.

I have had a few freezups happen with this dash cam. I've seen it happen - the red record circle and all the other stuff on the top and bottom of the screen like battery info just disappears. 2 seconds later the video also disappears and it's stuck on a black screen. It happens right in the middle of a recording.

I tried to format with the SD card formatter, but the DVR refused to record at all after that. I turned it on and nothing happened when i clicked the record button. It wouldn't let me take pictures either. The power light (Red) was going dim on and off. I ended up formatting the card in the camera again and it works, but the freezups will probably continue :/

I've told you above what you have to do :roll:

1. Windows format using 32kb sectors, FAT32
  2. Good Card Reader

Simple

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z DVR-XX7 2
Back