DDPai M6 Plus battery replacement

SuperGoop

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has anyone opened their M6+? I wonder if the internal battery can be (easily) replaced. Thanks.

This is an interesting question. Has anyone tried to open their M6+? I'd love to swap the batteries for a capacitor in mine. I have mine hard wired to constant 12V so I have no reason to leave a battery bomb attached to my windshield :D

I wonder what would happen if you just removed the battery entirely? If you're hooked to 12 v constant, the only time you would need a battery is to save the last video when the battery fails.

I wonder what would happen if you just removed the battery entirely? If you're hooked to 12 v constant, the only time you would need a battery is to save the last video when the battery fails.

I'm not sure really. My bigger concern is disassembly. I figure once I'm inside I could probably slip in the Mobius capacitor set that I can get for $8 off Amazon.

It looks like the case just uses plastic clips to stay closed. It may come apart pretty easy with a plastic spudger or a small screwdriver. Not sure I want to risk my brand new camera though. I'll let someone else play the guinea pig.

This is an interesting question. Has anyone tried to open their M6+? I'd love to swap the batteries for a capacitor in mine. I have mine hard wired to constant 12V so I have no reason to leave a battery bomb attached to my windshield :D

Just swapping battery for a capacitor might not work. In many cases need to tune up firmware to work with supercaps ( closing last file ).

You probably don't want to do this. In the event of a crash, power could be disconnected, and the last file would not be saved. You'd lose the crash footage.

Just swapping battery for a capacitor might not work. In many cases need to tune up firmware to work with supercaps ( closing last file ).

I was thinking about this as well. Yet another reason I don't want to be the guinea pig :D

A little bit off-topic perhaps, but I ordered my DDpai included with a hardwire assembly kit. After seeing this cute pictures of a melted dashcam I wonder if it is a good idea to hardwire the dashcam. Is there a great risk in getting an exploded battery, or is that risk minimal by using hardwire?

The risk is there regardless whether hardwired or not. Running the camera in parking mode in a hot environment is more risky than just leaving the camera in the car unpowered. The lower the temp and sun exposure outside, the less risk while parked. I think that pic was supposedly at 20C outside temp.

hardwiring is not the problem, wiring to a permanent power source so the camera is running all the time is the issue, by all means hardwire to do a neat install but wire it to an accessory switched circuit to be safe

Ok. Thank you for the reply. I know now what to do. Thx

If you remove the camera from the mount, it will continue to record for about a minute, which is ideal post crash to film the evidence. No Battery and you'll lose this function.

If you remove the camera from the mount, it will continue to record for about a minute, which is ideal post crash to film the evidence. No Battery and you'll lose this function.

I once heard about a person that had a mobile phone that didn't have a camera in it, true story ;)

Back