Raytis Enforcer DX1 Discussion - Dual Ch Remote Body 2x1080p30

Still having a hard time understanding what it is that you call motion detect and how that mode is activated.
Do you have a diagram of a cable that I could make myself or buy elsewhere that would work with DX1?
What is the pin layout of your USB power plug and which one activates motion detect, and what is the voltage required on all the pins?

If you can't provide the cable, at least provide a schematic of what the cable should be like, lot's of handy people everywhere that could make the cable themselves.

maybe search some of the Russian forums and you might find the detail you are looking for

Still having a hard time understanding what it is that you call motion detect and how that mode is activated.
Do you have a diagram of a cable that I could make myself or buy elsewhere that would work with DX1?
What is the pin layout of your USB power plug and which one activates motion detect, and what is the voltage required on all the pins?

If you can't provide the cable, at least provide a schematic of what the cable should be like, lot's of handy people everywhere that could make the cable themselves.
While the basic concept behind Motion Detection and Parking Mode are the same (which is why I said they're basically the same thing in my first reply), there is a difference in execution.
In hindsight, I probably should not have phrased it that way, even though Motion Detection can be used as Parking Mode under certain circumstances.

Motion Detection on the DX1 works like this. The prerequisite for this feature is that the system must be powered on. Once enabled, recording automatically starts whenever motion is detected, and continues until 30 seconds following last detected activity.
The system no longer auto-starts when powered on, recording is now triggered solely by motion. If power is cut while recording, the system will commence shut down after 5 seconds per usual.
When the system is powered on and not recording, it's in Standby Mode. There isn't a special mode the system goes into regardless of state of power.

I think the main reason for your confusion is caused by erroneous description in the user manual. It has been corrected in rev1.2, which was updated yesterday and reflected on our product page.
We are deeply sorry for the mistake, this kind of error should not have happened.

Hopefully, this information can help you figure out what sort of wiring or kit is necessary.
Please kindly understand that we can't advise in making modifications or provide support for cases involving modification.
Thank you!

While the basic concept behind Motion Detection and Parking Mode are the same (which is why I said they're basically the same thing in my first reply), there is a difference in execution.
In hindsight, I probably should not have phrased it that way, even though Motion Detection can be used as Parking Mode under certain circumstances.

Motion Detection on the DX1 works like this. The prerequisite for this feature is that the system must be powered on. Once enabled, recording automatically starts whenever motion is detected, and continues until 30 seconds following last detected activity.
The system no longer auto-starts when powered on, recording is now triggered solely by motion. If power is cut while recording, the system will commence shut down after 5 seconds per usual.
When the system is powered on and not recording, it's in Standby Mode. There isn't a special mode the system goes into regardless of state of power.

I think the main reason for your confusion is caused by erroneous description in the user manual. It has been corrected in rev1.2, which was updated yesterday and reflected on our product page.
We are deeply sorry for the mistake, this kind of error should not have happened.

Hopefully, this information can help you figure out what sort of wiring or kit is necessary.
Please kindly understand that we can't advise in making modifications or provide support for cases involving modification.
Thank you!

So you're saying the dashcam has 2 modes, driving and motion detect, and you manually press a button to switch between them, there is no 3rd wire sensing to put the camera into motion detect mode?

That's incredibly useless, unless I want a security camera that records motion detect only. No one is going to manually switch between driving and motion detect every time they park their car. :S unless I misunderstood...

I'm afraid you are correct. According to our engineer, this is a limitation of the Ambarella SoC.

What type of chipset limitation are we talking about (no manual control of modes)?

If you can read the GPS values, couldn't you trigger motion detection/parking mode when there hasn't been any movement in the last $x minutes? That's how some of my other cameras handle this, afaik.

The limitation refers to the lack of support for low power state that would allow the system to be "powered off" but retain motion detection functions.

Is there a pin on the A7 that you could assign in the firmware to toggle between driving and motion detect?

What type of chipset limitation are we talking about (no manual control of modes)?

If you can read the GPS values, couldn't you trigger motion detection/parking mode when there hasn't been any movement in the last $x minutes? That's how some of my other cameras handle this, afaik.

product doesn't have GPS

Is there a pin on the A7 that you could assign in the firmware to toggle between driving and motion detect?

can be automated using inputs from GPS and G-Sensor or if it was a 3 wire power supply, either way the product would need a redesign to achieve that functionality

GPS
jokiin is correct in saying not having certain features helps improve the stability of the system. Pros of having GPS: path of driving route, coordinates and speed data. Nice information to have to compliment recordings, sure, but are any of these necessary? Cons: unstable system - system might not record, crash, skip, lag, or other issues. In favor of the most important aspect of having a dashcam, footage, we concluded that the cons outweigh the pros, so no GPS for the DX1.

GPS doesn't effect stability at all

On one hand we have jokiin saying GPS doesn't affect stability for the same A7 platform, on the other Raytis saying GPS caused instability issues. <shakes head>
I always get angry at a job half finished!

my earlier comments about stability were nothing to do with this product having or not having GPS

jokiin, Can you confirm that having a GPS running on A7LA70 based system causes instability issues regardless of other issues the cameras had like bitrate instability, etc, based on your experience and/or knowledge of other people from the forums that you've read?

jokiin, Can you confirm that having a GPS running on A7LA70 based system causes instability issues regardless of other issues the cameras had like bitrate instability, etc, based on your experience and/or knowledge of other people from the forums that you've read?

GPS does not cause instability on this platform

My stability comments were taken out of context, I was referring to the K1S which is the same basic hardware, it has huge stability issues but they are not caused by the GPS, they have hardware issues and very limited engineering resources, dual camera A7 solutions are not the greatest platform to be working with and most of the devs struggle with it

GPS does not cause instability on this platform

My stability comments were taken out of context, I was referring to the K1S which is the same basic hardware, it has huge stability issues but they are not caused by the GPS, they have hardware issues and very limited engineering resources, dual camera A7 solutions are not the greatest platform to be working with and most of the devs struggle with it
Right, the stability you mentioned as I understood it in your original post on the first page or something was you were referring to the bit rate and other factors. I was pointing out that Raytis' blame of instability on the GPS for not including the GPS appeared to be incorrect.

Right, the stability you mentioned as I understood it in your original post on the first page or something was you were referring to the bit rate and other factors. I was pointing out that Raytis' blame of instability on the GPS for not including the GPS appeared to be incorrect.

the A7 in dual channel mode is only stable up to a combined 20mbit for both channels, you can do 10 + 10, 12 + 8 or whatever but you'll find they're all the same in this respect, that goes for all of them, Thnkware are using the A7 in a couple of their models with GPS, WiFi etc and don't have stability issues, they're stuck at the same bitrates though

bitrate is a limiting factor, going over the safe limits on this platform will have stability issues no matter who is doing it, they've all tried, none have succeeded, this product is based on the same hardware as the K1S, same sensors, processor etc, the K1S has huge stability issue but that is neither bitrate related or GPS related, it's a developer problem

We stand by our statements, jokiin's comments are related to his own experiences and does not necessarily apply to our product development.

Regardless, the fact remains that the DX1 does not support GPS.

I just love GPS, but its not a deciding factor at all for me, i would snag up a new non GPS camera in a heartbeat if it had some other features i would love.

Raytis, question:
If you set the mode to display just from the front camera, do both cameras record, or does it record only from the camera which is displayed on the display?

Back