Firmware 119PRO

I don't quite understand firmware upgrades. Is there some magic number that has to be reached before action is taken on fixing things or do a certain number of bad disclosures relative to the same thing have to be posted before a new firmware is introduced? Very confusing!
Forgot to add, or is it relative to sales of a new product before committing resources to a new product such as firmware updates.

I don't quite understand firmware upgrades. Is there some magic number that has to be reached before action is taken on fixing things or do a certain number of bad disclosures relative to the same thing have to be posted before a new firmware is introduced? Very confusing!
Forgot to add, or is it relative to sales of a new product before committing resources to a new product such as firmware updates.
I don't think there's a science behind firmware updates from any manufacturer. They will read comments posted here and in other forums, and receive comments directly through customer support enquiries. They will also get feedback from dashcam testers. In Viofo's case I'm sure they are already working on addressing some of the issues that have been mentioned here, and are probably testing beta firmware upgrades with a few testers. Once the FW updates are proven to work reliably, they are released to the public.

I don't think there's a science behind firmware updates from any manufacturer. They will read comments posted here and in other forums, and receive comments directly through customer support enquiries. They will also get feedback from dashcam testers. In Viofo's case I'm sure they are already working on addressing some of the issues that have been mentioned here, and are probably testing beta firmware upgrades with a few testers. Once the FW updates are proven to work reliably, they are released to the public.
Will that take place this year (2018)?

Sorry for a newbie question... once a firmware is released how do you actually install it into the A119 Pro? Where is the firmware received from? on a website? in what form is it? is it PC or Mac compatible? Thanks

bin file you download and copy to the memory card, power on and the camera does the rest, very simple
Does any one know what the link is to upgrade to A119 pro firmware?

Fixed: The randonly (typo, should be randomly) white screen issue.

That is a somewhat disappointing changelog. Have to do further testing, but not much else seem to have changed. I did not experience this 'White screen issue' at all.

Also it is a little annoying, that after a firmware update, all settings have to be applied from scratch, which can be a chore when you have to set custom text, car no. etc.
I noticed there is a file called CarNo_Backup.txt on the SD Card. Maybe such a file could be used to store and read settings after a firmware upgrade?

Also it is a little annoying, that after a firmware update, all settings have to be applied from scratch, which can be a chore when you have to set custom text, car no. etc.

Thanks for mentioning this. I haven't had any white screens or the little red 'x' appear in the center of the screen that I've seen two people mention now so I'll just wait for the next update before updating mine, unless people see a significant difference with this firmware.

Thanks for mentioning this. (...) so I'll just wait for the next update before updating mine, unless people see a significant difference with this firmware.

Yes, that is what I would recommend to 'less tech-savvy' users for the time being.

Most manufacturers choose to not update their firmware unless some major improvements have been made. Since not many users (AFAIK) have reported the White Screen Issue, i'm not sure why VIOFO has chosen to release a new firmware (.2 incremented version) to fix this minor issue.

i'm not sure why VIOFO has chosen to release a new firmware (.2 incremented version) to fix this minor issue.

If this is the same issue that I've experienced on my A119S, where 2/3 of the screen goes white/snowy, to me it's a critical issue. When it happens, it means the camera has stopped recording, and won't record again until the firmware's been reinstalled.

Perhaps it only happens to a small percentage of users, but with the A119S, it's happened to quite a few users on the DCT forums. Multiple times to me. To me, a dashcam's reliability is the #1 most important issue. If I get into a crash, and the cam didn't record it at all, that's much worse than if a cam were to merely have poor image quality.

I'm glad that Viofo's been actively updating firmware to resolve these sorts of issues.

Found this on youtube from the other day, supposedly beta firmware? Doesn't say what version. Anyone know who this is? Looks good.

Found this on youtube from the other day, supposedly beta firmware? Doesn't say what version. Anyone know who this is? Looks good.

I have a V1.2 beta version that is supposed to be different than the V1.2 version listed on the Viofo support site. I can send it to anyone looking to try it out. I have not had much time to test it.

Very impressive

Back