Does the mini 2 have a screen flip option?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean apart from being able to rotate manually, is there a setting that allows you to flip the image?

I'm thinking about getting a pair of cams to mount on the B-pillars for an interior cross view, but want to be able to flip the image internally for assthetics.

My current B1W cams don't have this option, nor the remote event button, so I'm looking into the Mini2

The Mini 2p has a flip left / right option in the app. The camera automatically flips the image up / down when it's rotated in the mount.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Put them whatever way around you like, it's impossible to get an upside down image from the B1W :)

Umm, not necessarily

I use my B1W mainly for an interior shot, but if I rotate the camera to face the exterior while using the sam mounting position, the image will be upside down

My plan is to have one cam on each B-Pillar for a crossway view of the interior as well as out the side windows, but if I use the B1W, they would have to be mounted in whatever position the B1W allows for an upright image, which means the housing itself won't mirror eachother

Umm, not necessarily

I use my B1W mainly for an interior shot, but if I rotate the camera to face the exterior while using the sam mounting position, the image will be upside down

My plan is to have one cam on each B-Pillar for a crossway view of the interior as well as out the side windows, but if I use the B1W, they would have to be mounted in whatever position the B1W allows for an upright image, which means the housing itself won't mirror eachother
Are you still on version 1 of the firmware? If so, try an update...

Are you still on version 1 of the firmware? If so, try an update...

Does the update include a screen flip option?

I honestly can't remember if I ever updated the firmware

It's been rock solid, so I never really had the need

I'll check in a bit

A new B2W just arrived, so I'm updating it as I type

Does the update include a screen flip option?
That is why I suggested updating! The original didn't have it, but it got added very early on.
It's been rock solid, so I never really had the need
Yes, B1W reliability has been excellent, also uses very little power, very useful for parking mode.
A new B2W just arrived, so I'm updating it as I type
You can't turn that upside down, but if you can find an acceptable way to mount in the centre of your car then it will do left and right very nicely.

That is why I suggested updating! The original didn't have it, but it got added very early on.

I just updated to the 614 firmware I don't see anything addition in settings

Are you using a different viewing program?

Yes, B1W reliability has been excellent, also uses very little power, very useful for parking mode.

Yeah, I run mine 24/7 on standard recording

I wasn't aware that it had a parking mode though

You can't turn that upside down, but if you can find an acceptable way to mount in the centre of your car then it will do left and right very nicely.

I know, Vicky insisted that I try it out as it might suit my needs

Just did a quick install and it seems to be a quality piece

Definitely sumthin fitting for the Uber/Lyft crowd and actually smaller than I thought it would be

As of now, I have each camera on the B2W pointed diagonally for side views from driver's side of the center (so it gets a better shot of say a police officer at my door)

The forward facing cam doesn't have a full 180* rotation though, so it's slightly limited

Not an issue since my B1W mounted above the mirror facing backwards takes care of the interior shot

Need to pick up a hard wire kit for it though.

I was gunna use a leftover from one of my other vehicles, but didn't realize the B2W has a mini USB, not a micro

OK, what started out as a basic stealth camera install is starting to get out of hand lol

B2-WQuickinstall-3.jpg

I just updated to the 614 firmware I don't see anything addition in settings
There are no new settings, but if you turn it upside down...

I wasn't aware that it had a parking mode though
There are several different parking mode firmwares, not sure what is current, but I think mine is doing low bitrate currently, nothing to setup - it just does it.

There are no new settings, but if you turn it upside down...

When I rotate the cam, it still does what it has always done (the image will be upside down one way or the other)

Being that the mount is just a piece of plastic attached to a rotating hub, I don't see how the camera will flip the image automagically like on a cellphone.

The Mini0906 has a feature built into the rear camera that allows you to flip the image in the settings

That's what I was hoping to get with the update

There are several different parking mode firmwares, not sure what is current, but I think mine is doing low bitrate currently, nothing to setup - it just does it.

So there isn't a dedicated parking mode like what the Mini0906 has? (timelapse/motion/etc.)

Not that it matters to me as I prefer to just let it run normally

When I rotate the cam, it still does what it has always done (the image will be upside down one way or the other)

Being that the mount is just a piece of plastic attached to a rotating hub, I don't see how the camera will flip the image automagically like on a cellphone.

The Mini0906 has a feature built into the rear camera that allows you to flip the image in the settings

That's what I was hoping to get with the update
did you flip it while it was on or off?

it is possible to have it auto flip based on G-Sensor, some cameras do this while recording, some need to be not recording when you do it, may not have this feature but worth a mention in case it does

I don't see how the camera will flip the image automagically like on a cellphone.
If the g-sensor reads +1 then it is the right way up, if the g-sensor reads -1 then it is upside down, if the g-sensor reads 0 then it is in space and there is no correct way up.

Maybe check the version number to make sure the firmware has updated...

did you flip it while it was on or off?
I think it does it live so that you can rotate it to look at the cabin/police officer and then back and it flips as you go past vertical each way.

OK, that was it lol

I had the G-Sensor set to "close" as I usually disable all the stuff I don't use (shock sensor, time stamp, GPS, etc.)

After setting it to medium, it did rotate the image automagically :cool:

It's weird that it doesn't have a separate setting for this like the Mini0906 :unsure:

So now at least I know I can get a pair and have them mirror match on the B-pillars, but I'd still have to do a long reach to the passegner side to hit the event button as there's no remote like the Mini2

but I'd still have to do a long reach to the passegner side to hit the event button as there's no remote like the Mini2
Maybe your horn can activate the g-sensors!
They do use a fairly low bitrate so you don't need a big card to ensure that it keeps a whole day.

Maybe your horn can activate the g-sensors!
They do use a fairly low bitrate so you don't need a big card to ensure that it keeps a whole day.

It actually does trigger it and a lot more lol

As for the events, I usually keep them saved and just unload at the end of the week for editing unless it's sumthin really major

So if I miss being able to hit the button, the would be event is usually lost by the next day

it's either one or the other, if it auto flips based on G-Sensor then there's no menu option

I don't really need it to flip automatically, just flip once and forget it

After testing it on medium, I set it back to "close" and realized it wasn't in the right position for it's usual mount on my rear view mirror, so I had to enable the G sensor again, flip it, then set it to "close" again lol

Back