G90-7S (A7LA70 chipset + GPS) vs. Mini 0803 (A7LA50 chipset + GPS)

Nice comparison.
For me G90 is better in every screenshot.

I wonder how the A7LA30 compares against A7LA70.
Will found out soon. ;)

OK, got a chance to turn on the G90 A70 chipset cam.

@Hilts , this cam shipped with trunk: SVN r354m

Also, I'm using a Sandisk 128GB Class 10 card

OK, got a chance to turn on the G90 A70 chipset cam.

@Hilts , this cam shipped with trunk: SVN r354m

Also, I'm using a Sandisk 128GB Class 10 card
Thanks for that information, I'm not sure if that will be GPS enabled FW/IQ or not.:confused:
On Page 3 (out of 4) of the Setting section, the one which looks like a 'cog' rather than a 'video camera', do you have "GPS Set" between "Delay Power Off" & "Beep Sound Setting" in the menu?o_O

Wow - a Sandisk 128GB SDXCmicroSD card. That'll probably have cost more than your G90 A7LA70D!!:eek:

The good news is that exFAT format is definitely supported by the by G90 A7LA70D chipset.;)

Last edited:
@Hilts ,

the 128GB card was more than the cam ;) but I am an early adopter and I want the flexibility to record an entire trip rather than do loop records.

on the current firmware, R354M, I don't have that GPS setting. Could it be because the GPS is not connected and therefore not recognized? OR is it due to the older firmware?

I wont get the GPS module (street Guardian) until Saturday hopefully so I can't test GPS...

Im looking for the R442M FW....

@Hilts ,
the 128GB card was more than the cam ;) but I am an early adopter and I want the flexibility to record an entire trip rather than do loop records.

on the current firmware, R354M, I don't have that GPS setting. Could it be because the GPS is not connected and therefore not recognized? OR is it due to the older firmware?

I wont get the GPS module (street Guardian) until Saturday hopefully so I can't test GPS...

Im looking for the R442M FW....
Still 128GB will keep you going for quite a while!!

A word of caution, before you go flashing a different FW/IQ, please make sure it is the right one for your G90 A7LA70D.
The latest FW/IQ number that I am aware of is r441MP, but that was definitely for the A7LA30 version of the G90.
It's quite possible that you already have the latest for your G90 A7LA70D. You could drop @JooVuu a quick message to find out.

Last edited:
128 GB is a lot for normal dash cam but not for 60 fps 1080p as file size is much bigger.
Maybe similar to having 64 GB on 30 fps 1080p?
How big are the files?

128 GB is a lot for normal dash cam but not for 60 fps 1080p as file size is much bigger.
Maybe similar to having 64 GB on 30 fps 1080p?
How big are the files?
G90-7S file sizes at various video resolutions:-
5 min long daytime files 1920 x 1080 at 50 fps ~ 776.3MB average size. Therefore 128GB card could store ~ 14 hours worth of footage!!:cool:
5 min long daytime files 1920 x 1080 at 25 fps ~ 587.5MB average size. Therefore 128GB card could store ~ 18.5 hours worth of footage!!:eek:
5 min long daytime files 2304 x 1296 at 25 fps ~ 692.3MB average size. Therefore 128GB card could store ~ 15.7 hours worth of footage!!:D

Obviously these are very rough estimates, as not all 128GB would be available for video file storage and the night time footage is a smaller file size due the variable bit rate of the G90.

Last edited:
I think your calculator might be broken ;)
No, it's my brain that has stopped functioning - I'll correct the really stupid mistake now, before anyone else spots it... DOH!!:D

I've noticed this before - my calculator always gives me the right answer to the figures I punch into it, it's just I don't always apply the right logic or hit the right buttons!:p

Last edited:
Gents,

I messaged dome as well as @JooVuu (spelling). I purchased direct from Joovu. Joovu responded by sending me a new FW. I don't know the version number so I will install and reply with the version #

I feel like I've be stalking your posts on various G90 Threads all day!!:rolleyes: Glad that you've finally received what you wanted.:)

I suspect you'll have been one of the first to get a G90 A7LA70D from JooVuu anyhow, so that's why the latest FW/IQ isn't known on here.

G90-7S file sizes at various video resolutions:-
5 min long daytime files 1920 x 1080 at 50 fps ~ 776.3MB average size. Therefore 128GB card could store ~ 14 hours worth of footage!!:cool:
5 min long daytime files 1920 x 1080 at 25 fps ~ 587.5MB average size. Therefore 128GB card could store ~ 18.5 hours worth of footage!!:eek:
5 min long daytime files 2304 x 1296 at 25 fps ~ 692.3MB average size. Therefore 128GB card could store ~ 15.7 hours worth of footage!!:D

Obviously these are very rough estimates, as not all 128GB would be available for video file storage and the night time footage is a smaller file size due the variable bit rate of the G90.

Why only 50fps?
I read A3LA70 can do 60fps at 1080p. :confused:

@Hilts , I feel honored to be "stalked" by such an esteemed member of this site as you sir. The pleasure is mine.. ;)

What its mean "PAL"?
A7LA70 record at 60 FPS or 50 FPS?

Back