Complete Review BlackSys CF-100. 2Ch 1080p Sony Exmor CMOS + 720p, GPS, 24/7 Parking.

If I read correctly, it takes 15 - 20 seconds to boot up from an off state?
If its previously unplugged from power source, then yes, 15-20 sec boot up. If you have it hardwired then recording is instant.

Great quality for the $139 price.
Regarding camera, I don't understand why they didn't used two separate connectors for GPS and AV Out.

enjoy,
Mtz

I presume the AV out is composite judging by the yellow RCA connector? I had originally dismissed this camera as an option due to the lack of a display, but I wasn't aware of the AV out before. It just so happens that my car has a built in 7 inch display that can accept a composite signal, so this could actually work for me, at least until the price of the higher caliber cameras comes down in a couple of years. Anyone know of a good suction cup mount that would work with this?

KuoH

For me is great when I see korean dashcams are offering analog AV which I consider normal video output, compared to chinese HDMI out (why?).
But you must be aware that GPS use the same connector as AV out. So if you want permanent AV Out you need to not use GPS or make some camera mod.

enjoy,
Mtz

At this price, I'm not concerned about GPS use, especially since I have to buy it separately. I just need to be able to aim and monitor it, since I've had the cheap ones lock up or power off unexpectedly. I'm still not sure I want to deal with swapping the micro SD card daily for archiving or having it mounted with tape instead of a suction cup, but the price seems quite reasonable.

KuoH

But you must be aware that GPS use the same connector as AV out. So if you want permanent AV Out you need to not use GPS or make some camera mod.

So has anyone here order from the Newegg link? As Niko mentioned, it appears as if the listing is only for the front camera, but there is only one recent review and it makes it sound like the rear camera was included. At least he didn't mention that it had to be purchased separately like the GPS receiver. I'm very tempted at this price, but not if I have to shell out another $50+ for the rear camera.

KuoH

I see two cameras in their pictures and two channels in product name. I see no reason to not sell both cameras if they are showing them together.

CF-100.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
cant tell from the pics - is the front lens housing threaded? if i got one of these, it would end up quite far away from the windshield since it's angled quite a lot, and i bet it would pick up a lot of dashboard reflections, so i'd like to fit a CPL filter.

Well, in case anyone had any doubts, the Newegg product is the genuine 2 channel model and it arrived in a record 3 days. The only bad news is the AV cable is now optional and not included. I will have to see if I can scrounge up something to use temporarily. Initial impressions of the image quality from indoor tests are good, but I just know I'm going to drop the micro SD card down the vents one of these days.

KuoH

Usually korean dashcams are not sold with AV Cable included. On another dashcam I used some old cable but easy inserted in the camera until the pins match to camera video pins.

enjoy,
Mtz

Does the rear camera work in parking mode (alongside the front camera) so that both ends of the car are covered for motion detection?

I would understand that for a camera that included a display, but they should reconsider that policy for this one and spend the extra $1 to include it. Due to the jack being a 4 pole connection and the video signal is on the conductors closest to the base, a standard 3 pole stereo plug won't work because it shorts the video and ground pins no matter how you play with it. I have a generic on order so the permanent install will have to wait.

KuoH

Usually korean dashcams are not sold with AV Cable included. On another dashcam I used some old cable but easy inserted in the camera until the pins match to camera video pins.

For me is great when I see korean dashcams are offering analog AV which I consider normal video output, compared to chinese HDMI out (why?).

enjoy,
Mtz

based on the pinouts of the 4-conductor 3.5mm jack, it wouldn't be very hard to make a Y-cable to be able to have video out and GPS at the same time. no mods necessary to the camera itself; just a custom cable.

from what i can see in the manual, motion detection is live all the time. so in theory, if you're stuck in stop & go traffic, it may go into parking mode and thus not keep 100% of the footage. which is fine, i guess. otherwise, since it only has one power jack which only has +vcc and -gnd, i don't see how it would know to go to parking mode. other cameras i've seen have 3 conductors - one for 12v constant, one for 12v acc (key-switched) and a ground, just like a car stereo. that makes sense since the two hot leads will easily tell the camera to switch to parking mode.

also, the manual seems to consistently refer to "super capacity" or "super capacity battery" - i find that a somewhat amusing bad translation, since the photos clearly show it's got a pair of capacitors inside.

if there wasn't a concern about draining the battery while parked for a few days (or a week while parked at the airport for example), i could install this for fulltime operation without one of those battery monitor things. just wondering how my wife will like it if it doesn't have a screen... her current a118 shuts off the screen after 1 minute but still has status LEDs so she may be just fine. i may just go ahead and pull the trigger on this one, and put her a118 in my car. if she doesn't like it, i'll switch em back.

I remember some korean dashcams enter in Parking Mode after about 8 minutes.

enjoy,
Mtz

also, the manual seems to consistently refer to "super capacity" or "super capacity battery" - i find that a somewhat amusing bad translation, since the photos clearly show it's got a pair of capacitors inside.

that's how the Chinese refer to supercaps also

i know, i'm just amused by "capacity" (how much something can hold) versus "capacitor" (an electrical device that can store electrical potential) being mixed up.

then again, i sometimes find engrishfunny.com to be amusing, too.

however, it really grates on my nerves when i'm reading something that's a legal document, resume, or "professional" product documentation, but has been poorly translated, or just written by someone who may be a native english speaker but still doesn't know how to properly use words like its/it's or there/their/they're... i'm not perfect myself but at least i run grammar and spell check on any documentation i create.

that said, their product might sell better in english-speaking areas like the US if they spent a little more on better translators, or at least have their translations proofed by someone who speaks that language natively.

Hi niko thanks for your time very detailed review and for that reason i bought it!
I have two questions 1 you mention that it worked with 64gb sd card can you provide the company of the sd card so i can get that model 2 I want constant power so i should get powerpro or similer will i still need the dc fuse power cable ?
and also I see people getting it from newegg for 140, its on sale by amazon for with the gps receiver with both cams for 200 it has a 30% off code that gets added automatically when added in cart plus free shipping might get taxed if in ca (not prime)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KFYG0K0

Hi niko thanks for your time very detailed review and for that reason i bought it!
I have two questions 1 you mention that it worked with 64gb sd card can you provide the company of the sd card so i can get that model 2 I want constant power so i should get powerpro or similer will i still need the dc fuse power cable ?
and also I see people getting it from newegg for 140, its on sale by amazon for with the gps receiver with both cams for 200 it has a 30% off code that gets added automatically when added in cart plus free shipping might get taxed if in ca (not prime)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KFYG0K0

if you buy it from newegg it apparently comes w/ both cameras for 139. then if you look up other items for sale by ojocam on newegg, you'll find a battery discharge prevention unit for 35 that will allow you to run it as a parking camera 24/7 without running down the car battery. this is probably what i'm going to buy, next paycheck.

oh, and if you get this device or a powerpro, you won't need the dc fuse cable - the included cigar lighter adapter plugs into whatever discharge preventer you get.

if you buy it from newegg it apparently comes w/ both cameras for 139. then if you look up other items for sale by ojocam on newegg, you'll find a battery discharge prevention unit for 35 that will allow you to run it as a parking camera 24/7 without running down the car battery. this is probably what i'm going to buy, next paycheck.

oh, and if you get this device or a powerpro, you won't need the dc fuse cable - the included cigar lighter adapter plugs into whatever discharge preventer you get.
by amazon its also 139 with gps receiver

by amazon its also 139 with gps receiver
but that one is only the front camera - no rear cam. the newegg one apparently has both cameras. the gps plug is $20 on newegg.

also, i've seen places say the rear cam is optional, but then i've never seen the rear cam available for sale by itself. only gps, the fuse tap, and the battery discharge prevention one for parking mode.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
USDashCamera BlackSys / Cammsys 24