DR600HD microphone problems?

bobby14

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just saw a few videos on youtube for the DR600 and all of them seem to have some distorted or too much noise in the audio that is recorded in the video. Is that normal for that model? My DR650 is very clear.

Yes you're correct. Firmware 1.001 trashed the audio. We have been told they're working on a new firmware release. I have come to this site every day hoping for a fix.
PITTASOFT, PLEASE FIX THE AUDIO ON MY BRAND NEW DASHCAM!

I've also been told the Russian version of the firmware is better. I don't understand Russian so the last thing I want is my electronics squawking NYET DOOMCOF or whatever else I wouldn't understand. Fingers crossed but I'm not feeling the love from Pittasoft support yet.

The Russians release English versions also, it fixes a lot of the things that Pittasoft don't know how to do themselves

The Russians release English versions also, it fixes a lot of the things that Pittasoft don't know how to do themselves

I'm confused. I'm getting the firmware from Pittasoft website. It's Pittasoft's website but the Russians are writing the Russian firmware that also works in English? But somebody (buffoons) else is writing firmware for the English version? Is there some secret website for obtaining these amazing firmware updates?

Russians write their own firmware, nothing to do with Pittasoft, after they do their version they release the same in English

There is another forum where these get announced but the site is primarily Russian, Alexsoll posts on this forum when they are done also so you'd still be able to find out about them here anyway

Have the same problem. Had a DR400 a long time ago, replaced it with a brand new DR600. Image is ok, but audio quality is really really poor. Vids from my 400 have workable audio, 600 is just noise...

Hope this is fixed soon!

Is there any way for a temporary fix? Has anyone experimented with using 720 recording, 1/2/3 minute recordings or 16/32/64gb cards to see if changing these things makes a difference?

Last edited:
Back