CDV300X - Extract A7 Firmware

Timbits93

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't care about the boot logo, but that sound was too much for me. I opened the case and did cut the wire of the speaker.. I don't play the clips on my camera ..

Took some pictures of the inside bytheway

Just an update,

Was able to backup the firmware, and change the logo + power on/off and warning sounds to much quieter (I followed the instructions in that thread.) Much better now.

Only changed the logo so that it would match my car's boot logo, just a small touch.

Reactions: Mtz
Just an update,

Was able to backup the firmware, and change the logo + power on/off and warning sounds to much quieter (I followed the instructions in that thread.) Much better now.

Only changed the logo so that it would match my car's boot logo, just a small touch.

@Timbits93 , would you mind sharing your autoexec.ash file? does it look like this:

rm a:\autoexec.ash
firmfl gen 5 bst bld pri rom dsp d:\backup.bin
rm d:\autoexec.ash

Nvm, this is what works:

rm a:\autoexec.ash
firmfl gen 6 bst bld hal pri rom dsp d:\backup.bin
rm d:\autoexec.ash
drives > drives.txt

added drives just to see what the partitions are like.

I too was able to change the boot image and silence the sounds (using Adobe Audition trial).

@Timbits93 - what settings did you use to make your boot logo?

I'm having difficulties in getting it accepted, everything else seems to work.

@Timbits93 - what settings did you use to make your boot logo?

I'm having difficulties in getting it accepted, everything else seems to work.

Don't worry again - I had to use Paint in Windows to get the jpg accepted. I used GIMP and Photoshop which may have added formatting to the image. Of all programs MS Paint worked...

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering how to extract the A7 Ambarella Firmware from the CDV300X unit. Mine has arrived and i just wanted to do some small modifications to it - Boot and Shutdown Logo + Mute Boot and Shutdown Jingles.

I found this thread but was a little hard to follow, since it seemed to vary between devices - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-extract-firmware-from-ambarella-0803.6093/

Thanks!
Tim

Hello Tim,

I tried a few times, then I put the autoexec.ash into the DCIM and at the Root, then it created the backup.bin.

I extracted the files using the Ambarella Firmware Toolbox, and changed the files...

now..... How do I put it all into the CDV300X ?

Edit:

Just did it!!! It was just put the .bin at the root, and rename it as firmware.bin! I found a video which explained it..

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
Back