Garmin dashcam20 but short cable for power,need help

janvdc

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
hello
The power for the garmin 20 is short,so bought a 3 meter mini usb cable,but when i connect it the cam is always asking "for connect to usb or to use the cam.
I dont want to press always cam function.
So i read that i have to cut the usb cable,and only left the black and red wire,so that the usb only give power.
I was verry suprised to see that dont work,still asking the same question.
How can i solve this?

greetings,jan

If your camera does not auto start , this is likely due to the wrong cable being used. Get some tape or paper and cover up the two connectors in the middle of the USB plug. That will prevent any data communication to the camera. The two outer ones are power. See this video for more details:

try that tomorrow,but i dont think it will work,i read here you have to soldering a resistor between pin 4 and 5,dont want to do that.
Maybe i cut the original cable and make it longer by soldering a cable to extend it.That must work i guess?

So,the simple solution "cut and extend" worked for me..10 minutes work..

Has anyone tried a mini usb extension cable to extend the length of the original Garmin charger I found one on Amazon for about $4 plus shipping. It seems logical if you're extending from the usb end, it should work, but I thought I would ask before I order one. Thanks.

Back