Power Magic Pro Cutting Off

Jstubbs

Reaction score
Country
United States
My power magic cuts off after 30 mins with batttery voltage at 12.8V i have it set for infinite recording and the voltage cut off at 12V. I cant seem to be able to figure out why it wont stay on longer than 30 minutes. The yellow Battery cable is wired to the dome light fuse and the Red wire is wired to the Air conditioning. The groung to the frame of course. This causes parking mode to be worthless. I am at a loss at the moment and any tips would seriously help.

are you saying it works fine however the 12v setting cuts power when your battery is still at 12.8v?

Yes. The PMP turns off after 30 mins despite still being above the target voltage.

Yes. The PMP turns off after 30 mins despite still being above the target voltage.
voltage at the battery versus voltage at wherever you've taken power from can vary as this shows, given you still have 12.8v at the battery when it cuts out you'd be safe to drop the PMP to a lower setting than 12v

Update: Ok so i sat in the car when i got home for like 30 mins just messing around with my phone. after 30 mins passed i decided to use the key fob to lock/unlock the doors. This caused the power magic to shut off. So i turned the car on then off and i immediately locked the doors. The power magic shut off again. So i decided to change the battery fuse from the dome lights to the brake lights. So far its been 10 mins and it is still on. I will update again in a few hours.

Update: Its been about 5 hours now and its still working. I think the problem is solved. I'm on the 12V setting. For anyone who experiences this problem in the future connect the yellow battery(+) wire to the brake lights instead of the dome lights. I think locking the doors caused the voltage to drop too low and triggered the PMP to shut off. Thank you Jokiin for your help.

Back