GARMIN GDR33 is heavily favored—we didn't want to miss it.

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Got to know a new dash camera called GARMIN GDR33, produced by Garmin Ltd. We luckily got one on hand and took some pictures of this unknow brand dash camera.

As we all know, Garmin is a famous company for his high quality/high define products.

So i think GARMIN GDR33 will not let you down.

The highlight of this dash cam is that Garmin enables you to enjoy safe and easy driving with its next generation Standalone Driving Recorder GDR 33 which integrates GPS, display and gravity sensor into one device.

There are some Main Features:
2.3 inch TFT screen display
Supporting micro SD card for external storage, up to 32GB capacity (micro SD card not included in the package)
Supporting G-sensor
110 degree wide angle
Supporting PC TOOL image file management software (Software not installed in the product)
Built-in speaker and microphone
Built-in 930mAh rechargeable battery, car charger with mini USB port
Supporting video recording, taking photos

The design is small and convenient:

201507071807029991.jpg

201507071807022447.jpg

201507071807026160.jpg

Now, what's your opinion about this famous brand dash camera?

The name Garmin speaks for itself - Quality.

I like the "Ball Mount" idea, their GPS units' ball mounts work beautifully.

Looks to be very small.

I personally HATE the Garmin GPS website update process.

(Opinion)

A combination "Garmin" GPS / Quality Dash Cam would be something I think would sell millions of units.

As most any new car today can be purchased with built in GPS,
I predict it won't be long before most auto manufactures offer dash and/or rear video recording capabilities on every vehicle in their lineup.

GPS/DVR combo units exist already, they barely sell as it is a huge compromise of both devices

Last edited by a moderator:
Not after 1 1/2 hours downloading

and THEN it tells you Windows XP is not supported.

And you figure "No big deal, I'll do it again next week as my 18 year old child has to travel 400 Miles in the morning"

So you unplug the GPS unit,
enter destinations,
hit "GO"

and realize:

It now has NO MAPS WHATSOVER. Wiped Clean!

Had to use a different computer than I had used the last 6 times successfully, and another 1 1/2 hours!

Total about 4 hours.

In the stupid, totally unnecessary frustration, I almost went out a grabbed a unit from one of my other vehicles.

I hope this isn't another example of a famous brand putting its name on a generic product which it hasn't designed or manufactured or exercised quality control measures.

An ever increasing number of companies are guilty of this ... Blaupunkt, Cobra, Grundig, Hitachi, JVC, Polaroid, Toshiba, etc.

And you figure "No big deal, I'll do it again next week as my 18 year old child has to travel 400 Miles in the morning"

enter destinations,
hit "GO"

and realize:

Had to use a different computer than I had used the last 6 times successfully, and another 1 1/2 hours!

Total about 4 hours.

In the stupid, totally unnecessary frustration, I almost went out a grabbed a unit from one of my other vehicles.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

But i am still sorry to hear about that. You can try to contact the website service to help you out.

Wish u can solve the problem.

This was a user problem. Garmin announced a year ago that it was no longer supporting XP. It did provide a workaround but I never used it because I had Windows 7.

enter destinations,
hit "GO"

and realize:

Total about 4 hours.

A nice way to derail and crAp the thread.
It's for a product that's not even in the same category and even worse, it's related to how a website works or doesn't. o_O

I hope this isn't another example of a famous brand putting its name on a generic product which it hasn't designed or manufactured or exercised quality control measures.

An ever increasing number of companies are guilty of this ... Blaupunkt, Cobra, Grundig, Hitachi, JVC, Polaroid, Toshiba, etc.

Yes, hope so.

We would like to offer one to do review.

Do you have any interested?;)

I've not seen it mentioned but this is using a Zoran Coach 14p processor with the Aptina AR0330 so a different combination to a lot of cameras out there.

Ah it's actually the 14p mate so just updated that :)

Yeah it's a shame, I guess Novatek and Ambarella are ruling the dashcam sales though these days and I guess CSR didn't buy Zoran for the COACH range which was in a highly competitive and fast developing market.

Cisco killing the Flip and then GoPro using Ambarella probably didn't help much either for Zoran :/

yeah it's all about which large customer they catch whether there's something for us or not

DVC market has dried up since people just use smartphones for basic video so that market has disappeared for them

Other things aside, what does it offer that other dashcams don't?
Adding a good name may help sell some but if it's same run of the mill stuff, it doesn't stand out.
Build quality looks great but what about video quality and features?

Last edited:
@Sunny

We will update the video later.

Thanks.

Back