Bricked recovery for 0826 ?

Kintsugi

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi everyone. Sorry first post. I installed an incompatible firmware for my cam and its now undetectable on the PC. I tried the up button USB connect to no avail. Any solutions guys ?

you need the elf version of the firmware to start with, if you need help understanding how to restore it @Tobi@s might be able to point you in the right direction, if you can't get an elf firmware you should find the 0805 version will get you running and then you can install the correct version once you have it running, the 0805 and 0826 are mostly identical internally

Hi @jokiin, but but how can i connect it to the pc, i have the correct elf,

you need the elf version of the firmware to start with, if you need help understanding how to restore it @Tobi@s might be able to point you in the right direction, if you can't get an elf firmware you should find the 0805 version will get you running and then you can install the correct version once you have it running, the 0805 and 0826 are mostly identical internally
but i cant get the pc see the camera.

Hi there,
You need either a micro usb cable with pin 4/5 shorted on micro usb plug or a USB OTG cable with male to male usb plugs. (hardware requirements)
Next step (if not done already): Install Direct USB (I prefer DUSB Universal) http://dc.p-mc.eu/tools/directusb/download
Install the driver (you can find it inside the driver folder of the 7z archive) as "legacy hardware" through windows device manager (some windows versions require you to disable driver signature enforcement)

Now you can use Direct USB to flash .elf binaries: Connect your dashcam, press "Connect", select a7 platform, your firmware binary and press "Download". Thats it

@Tobi@s one last thing guys whats the difference between 1 card firmware and 2 card firmware ? im confused to which one i should choose. Note: i still didnt test the otg method, ill let you know the result ounce i try it. Thanks.

1 card firmware is for dashcams with only external memory (micro sd card)
2 card firmware is for dashcams with internal and external memory. As far as I remember it doen't matter which one you are flashing even if the memory configuration doesnt match

@Tobi@s @jokiin it wokred, cam is back online thanks guys :) one last question can i install 128gb sdcard or the max is only 64 ?

Hi there,
You need either a micro usb cable with pin 4/5 shorted on micro usb plug or a USB OTG cable with male to male usb plugs. (hardware requirements)
Next step (if not done already): Install Direct USB (I prefer DUSB Universal) http://dc.p-mc.eu/tools/directusb/download
Install the driver (you can find it inside the driver folder of the 7z archive) as "legacy hardware" through windows device manager (some windows versions require you to disable driver signature enforcement)

Now you can use Direct USB to flash .elf binaries: Connect your dashcam, press "Connect", select a7 platform, your firmware binary and press "Download". Thats it
But as I search, usb have only 4 pin:
usb2-Apinout-600.jpg

USB.jpg

patillaje-conector-usb.jpg

If pin 5 doesn't exit, how can I use direct usb ?

the micro usb plug has 5 pins but only 4 of them are connected. you need to link 4+5 in the micro usb plug or use otg cables

Back