F50 safe to take out sd card?

blake

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am using an F50 for parking guard mode. It is being powered by external battery pack. The question i have is. It will be always powered on and waiting for movement, if i want to pull the sd card out do i have to manually turn it off or can i just pop out the card. How does it work when its literally on 24x7?

That is a very good question.
I have been popping the power plug out of the F50, and letting it shut down before removing the SD Card, but that is a pain.
I would also like to know what files might be lost by removing the SD Card while power is applied.
Also, what if anything must be done when the SD Card is re-inserted.

RodeoGeorge

I just ran a test of what happens when you remove the SD Card while the F50 is in Parking Mode.
I created an Event (bumped the F50) before removing the Card.
When the Card was removed, the LED turned Red, and the F50 began prompting "Please insert a memory card".
This continued for about (I didn't time it) a minute, after which the F50 shut down.

All the files on the SD Card were intact. Nothing lost, including the Event Video that I created before removing the Card.
I re-inserted the Card, and when I re-applied power to the Acc wire, the F50 fired up and is operating normally.

Luck??? I don't think so. But time will tell.

RodeoGeorge

Thanks for trying this out!

Hopefully we get an official answer soon.

Back