should i get it?

dalbir

Reaction score
Country
United States
so my car had its rear window vandalized recently so I decided to start looking at dash cams. I am thinking of purchasing the thinkware x500 because it will be on sale on black Friday. So my dilemma is I want my cameras to stay recording while the car is parked outside and off Ex.) car is at the store or I bring it to work. but I want the ability to turn the cameras off at night when my car is in my garage so I don't drain battery. I understand their is a hardwire kit that will draw energy from my car battery. is their anyway like a power bank that will hook up to this unit so im not drawing from my car battery. I drive a 2015 c300 if that makes any difference. also is their any cameras that have bright lights so people know you have a camera installed. my rear window is also tinted. Alsod would I need 2 hardwire kits if I decide to hardwire it to my car because I will have 2 cars?

You'll definitely need 2 hardwire kits if you're thinking of using the dashcam on 2 cars. It makes it easier when you want to take the dashcam out and use it on another car; you can just leave all the wirings untouched.

Most of the 2 channel dashcams has some sort of blinking LED for the front lens. But for the rear one, it's usually small and hidden from viewers outside.

Back