650GW-2CH restarts every 10 minutes

Darev

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered a 650 wifi 2ch system around a month ago and installed it myself. Nothing fancy and using the lighter socket power cord instead of hard wiring it into the fuse box on a 2016 focus sedan.
For the first couple weeks everything went smoothly. I installed a 128GB memory card and was good to go.

After nearly three weeks of commuting to/from work (70-90 mins each way) the card was full so I decided to erase everything via the PC viewer and update the firmware.

Well, once I did that, things changed. Now after about 10 minutes of use, it goes through a restart sequence. It seems that after every 10 minutes of use it auto restarts and I can't figure out why.

Has anyone seen this before?

You're memory card is no good. I went through this and changed cards. Do a search of my threads and you will see the discussion

As mentioned above it is the memory card. I ended buying a Lexar 633x 64gb and it works great.

If you search other threads you will see much discussion about the dashcam frequently restarting when 3rd party memory cards are used. BlackVue's Australian distributor has been particularly helpful in posting about this, and has reported testing hundreds of cards and finding only the BlackVue cards work without problems. They also reported positive results with SanDisk High Endurance cards. FWIW, I had the frequent restarting problem with an Adata card, went back to 16 GB and 32 GB Blackvue cards and the problem went away. I am now using a 64 GB SanDisk High Endurance card (formatted as FAT32 with MBR) and it works fine, too.

Curious if the V2.006 firmware released yesterday would be better, supposedly some stability issues are fixed?

I had the same problem... it was the memory card. I had to reformat/re-initialize it, but after that it has worked fine (using a Samsung 64GB card)

The reason people get the problem is because of the increased video bitrate in newer firmwares.
SD-cards that worked with older firmware now can't keep up.
So either buy a better card or reduce video quality to match the old bitrates.

Back