Price is not really an issue. 2 Channel with parking mode

If the 9665GC V3 is not recording, the left red LED light will not continually flash.
The right red LED light indicates that the audio is being recorded.
The central white LED light simply means that the unit has power.

The new dual channel Street Guardian will have the latest tech, so it will be better quality than the current SG9665GC V3's.
However, Street Guardian's forthcoming dual channel is many months away.

Worse, if you're gonna wait for Street Guardian's dual channel, then you may as well wait a few more months again for Street Guardian's forthcoming dual channel "remote lens" dashcam.
This is essentially the same as the dual channel, but the lens and sensor is mounted on the front windscreen, and cabled to the CPU and memory unit/box that can be housed in the glovebox, under the front seats, the trunk, on top of the dash, on top of the steering column etc - the main purpose of mounting the CPU and memory away from the front windscreen is to prevent solar damage from the heat of the sun.

Below is a photo of Street Guardian's current single channel remote lens dashcam with an LCD resistive touch screen input/output.
I suspect that the unconventional and possibly unattractive shape of the remote lens SGZC12RC V2 resulted in a dash cam that is much less popular than what it should have been?
The clear plastic mount of the current single channel model didn't help either, as some owners say they had to coat it with black spray paint.
The remote lens and sensor itself doesn't look as the compact and more attractive units from Blackvue, Thinkware, and Lukas.
Styling really sells.

RC%20Original-850x850_0.jpg

X1%20Mounted%20In%20Car%20(8)-700x700_0.jpg

X1%20Mounted%20In%20Car%20(10)-700x700_0.jpg

Eventually, it becomes a massive waiting game.
And if we wait even longer, we will get hi resolution QHD 2560 x 1440, and ultimately UHD 3840 x 2160 resolution, combined with superior low light sensitivity by increasing the size of the glass lens and increasing the sensor size to receive more light, similar to full frame dSLR cameras, and similar to deep underwater sea creatures which have huge eyes!
Furthermore, the video will have the frame rate increased from the current 30 fps, to 60 fps, to 120 fps.

Thus, we will all wait for superior technology, depending on our individual circumstances which determine how long we can wait.

Personally, because we have five cars to fit out, we can afford to buy two 9665GC V2's last year, and another two 9665GC V3's recently, and we will simply pass these four units onto our older cars, and buy the forthcoming dual channel remote lens design dashcams as they have their bugs removed, and they are released onto the market in the next 6 months or so...

Last edited:
Any working dashcam is better than no dashcam, so dont play the waiting game for too long.

And dont get too locked in to dual cameras, while they are indeed nice ( a lot going on back there ) in general a single front camera is enough in most cases of liability i think.

And if you play it safe and get a single camera to tie you over, you also get the future pleasure of giving the old camera to another person when you upgrade.
Or you can sell it as used, but personally i weigh giving higher than any financial gain on a used camera.

Yes, I dont intend on waiting too long, hoping for the Street Guardian dual one will be it

Waiting is a personal issue, and it varies from individual to individual.

In the past, we have waited and waited, and the models are often delayed and delayed and delayed.
Worse, when it does eventually come out, it can have unexpected flaws, including the styling!
For example, though the top selling SG9665GC looks fantastic, the other models from Street Guardian are not well styled like their single channel remote lens SGZC12RC V2 above.
Also, Street Guardian's flagship the SGZC12SG V2 is not well styled below.

57e070ef14278_390535b.jpg

cd8522a6eb3d.jpg

Unlike the top selling 9665GC which has a neat and tidy "direct" mount, this SGZC12SG also has a very traditional, untidy, unstealthy and unattractive swivel mount below.

SANY0074-450x450_0.JPG

aea327f24328.png

Thus, one of the other reasons we went for the top selling 9665GC's is because often it's better to buy something that has matured, refined and actually succeeded with proven performance and proven Amazon sales, rather than wait and speculate on a product where the company has had a history of ups and downs like their SGZC12RC V2 remote lens and SGZC12SG V2 panoramic view dash cams pictured above.

For example, for most people, it is better to buy a proven Canikon dSLR camera, than to diddle around with an early adopter's Sony mirrorless camera which still has so many bugs to iron out like lack of lens choices, lack of accessories, poor low light autofocus AF etc etc, unless one has an absolutely specific reason why one wants to early adopt a Sony mirrorless camera like the ability to do electronic previews etc.

I understand that the SGZC12RC is a remote lens dash cam.
However, I am not sure I understand the real purpose of their SGZC12SG V2.
It does look like it could also be used and doubled up as a pocket sized compact camera?
Else, it does have an extra-wide angle view.
However, why is the styling and design so different and boring from the top selling 9665GC?

The Thinkware F770 is bulky in size compared to the 9665GC, and the F770 has a fiddly and fussy wireless cell phone user interface, however the F770 does look good and professional from the styling point of view, and the sharp video quality makes it even better.
The thing that got me with the F770 wasn't the size obstruction directly below the rear vision mirror in the center-line of the car, but that blessed cell phone user interface.

Thinkware-F770-1.jpg

thinkware-f770-rear-view-camera.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting is a personal issue, and it varies from individual to individual.

In the past, we have waited and waited, and the models are often delayed and delayed and delayed.
Worse, when it does eventually come out, it can have unexpected flaws, including the styling!
For example, though the top selling SG9665GC looks fantastic, the other models from Street Guardian are not well styled like their single channel remote lens SGZC12RC V2 above.
Also, Street Guardian's flagship the SGZC12SG V2 is not well styled

the other models suit very specific types of users, eg the SGZC12SG V2 is something truck drivers like, suction mount, touch screen, full size SD card etc, not something I'd use in a family car, you'll see more development in the style of the GC model going forward as these are our primary models, the others just fill some eclectic market requirements and are not our core product

Back