Set F50 clock

handyguy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello forum members, i have just tried out my new f50, and do have a question regarding setting the clock. It worked the first time using the setup utility on the PC and then re-installing the SD card (the associated .dat file is changed.) However I have not been able to change it since. I even tried wiping the card while in the f50 (hold button for 5 seconds).
Any ideas?

Do you have the external GPS?
Have you chosen the correct time zone?

Do you have the external GPS?
Have you chosen the correct time zone?
no external gps, of course i have chosen the correct time zone. the unit took the time setting only once. no matter what i do, the time file in the config is ignored.

no external gps, of course i have chosen the correct time zone. the unit took the time setting only once. no matter what i do, the time file in the config is ignored.

Don't know if you've sorted this yet, but I've been using my F50 for a while now.
Only just got round to checking the video (as it would always say it was recording I hadn't worried about it too much).
Of course looking at it on a PC it appeared that I'd not recorded anything since October 2016!!
Thinking that it served me right for not checking, I reformatted the card and tried again.

Checking again I notice the date was still showing October even though the recordings were for that day.
Resetting the time/date in the app didnt make any difference.
I'd upgraded to Kingston 64Gb SDXC Class 10, so went back to the supplied 8Gb SD.
Of course it worked and immediately recorded the correct date/time, which was odd as it had sat in a drawer for some time and would have had the wrong date on it.
Seems to suggest that the dashcam knew the time but was unable to write it to the card.
So try another card.

Thanks for the update Nitram, I will try that too.
Maybe if one (re)formats the sd card, but with a new and different volume label.

Don't know if you've sorted this yet, but I've been using my F50 for a while now.
Only just got round to checking the video (as it would always say it was recording I hadn't worried about it too much).
Of course looking at it on a PC it appeared that I'd not recorded anything since October 2016!!
Thinking that it served me right for not checking, I reformatted the card and tried again.

Checking again I notice the date was still showing October even though the recordings were for that day.
Resetting the time/date in the app didnt make any difference.
I'd upgraded to Kingston 64Gb SDXC Class 10, so went back to the supplied 8Gb SD.
Of course it worked and immediately recorded the correct date/time, which was odd as it had sat in a drawer for some time and would have had the wrong date on it.
Seems to suggest that the dashcam knew the time but was unable to write it to the card.
So try another card.

Generally speaking we try to avoid Kingston and Sandisk for dash cams. If you are looking for 64GB there are a few models from Lexar, Transcend, and Samsung that our customers have reported work well.

Back