Powering camera with only one wire possible?

AJ84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am replacing my 750 with a 770 however the 750 is going into another car replacing an already existing dashcam albeit one with a usb connector.

I replaced the wire that was already tapped in with the red one for the thinkwire and tested it (battery only), no power to the camera. I remember reading about the yellow/red being changed over in some batches so I tried the yellow only on the fuse, still no power.

This camera will only be used during driving which is why I do not want the acc wire connected.

Am I right in thinking the power wire alone should work or do I need both yellow and red connected to a fuse regardless of whether parking mode is going to be used or not?
I'm thinking more the latter the more I think about it...and if it is, can I have both red and yellow wires going to the same fuse?

I wired the existing camera to a 15 fuse powering the rear wiper so if both yellow and red can go to that without any issues, I will do that

Thanks in advance!

can I have both red and yellow wires going to the same fuse?

Yes. If you combine the ACC and BATT wire together to a switched 12v+ supply, it will act like the non parking mode version.

Back