Auto-Vox M3

BobG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wondering if anybody has some interesting stories about using their car cams...

I'll start...

Three days after I installed M3, I went to client. After 3 hour meeting, went back to my car and the DIC (Driver Information Center) gave me a message that I had never seen before - 'Theft Detection.' My first thoughts were that something was wrong with the car's computer. I had set my M3 to high sensitivity for the 'parking monitor.' I don't know why the thought occurred to me to check the M3 files, but it only took a few minutes to find video of a guy in a red hoodie staring inches away from my windshield. The camera has a kind of 'fish-eye' effect, so the guy looked really goofy. I downloaded the files to my laptop and took it into the college's security office, and they knew exactly who this guy was. Two guards immediately left because they knew this dude was in class. Don't know the outcome, but if my M3 helps prevent other prowlers, it did its job!

Yes! It was an unexpected bonus!

Now I am thinking about getting one of Auto-voxes compressors for my tires. So much road time and don't want to take chances. Thank you for starting this forum!

The M3 looks nice and easy to install for the front camera. The rear camera requires wiring the cable all the way to the trunk - but that's normal for this type of camera and it's also possible to install the rear camera internally to the car, behind the rear windshield for instance.

I have some friends looking for a dashcam and I told them about various options, including the M3. If they choose this one I'll report here as I'll probably do the install myself.

Back