Clip-on Rear-view Mirror with Monitor/Display

Padwanjoe

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Shadow GT680W; Mobius B Lens, JooVuu X, A119
Hi fellows,
I want to install on my car a reversing camera and see the image on a rear-view mirror with a 5" lcd monitor/display that can be put onto the existing car's interior rear-view mirror. A good reversing camera I have found.
Now I am looking for a rear-view mirror with a 5" lcd monitor/display having at least the following: Resolution: 800*480, Brightness: 1000cd/m2, Contrast: 1000:1, Signal System: PAL / NTSC, Power Supply: DC12V and two video 1nput: AV1-for VCD/DVD/DVR, AV2-for backup camera.
I found many sellers on various on-line shops but none of them are selling clip-on rear-view mirrors with 5" display with specification close enough to what I want.
Have any of you useful information for me?
Thank you very much!

i went that way before. it didn't work for me. depending on your OEM mirror, the clip-on mirror may be too heavy and will rattle and vibrate when your car is in motion. and generally, the reflective material used on the clip on will be darker and not as clear as your OEM mirror. but it doesn't hurt to try a few out if your current mirror mount is stout enough to take the extra weight.

Since I eliminated the RVM in my workvan (legal here) and I run a Mobius up front, I've been considering buying a cheapo RVM cam, gutting it, then installing the Mobius parts in it. I'd probably be using a rigid DIY mount so weight wouldn't be an issue but maybe not; though it would be an issue to consider for the OP here- a factor I had never considered before. Thanks abarth :D

Phil

Since I eliminated the RVM in my workvan (legal here) and I run a Mobius up front, I've been considering buying a cheapo RVM cam, gutting it, then installing the Mobius parts in it. I'd probably be using a rigid DIY mount so weight wouldn't be an issue but maybe not; though it would be an issue to consider for the OP here- a factor I had never considered before. Thanks abarth :D

Phil
Creative

and to add, i recently bought (but not yet installed) a RVM monitor that replaces the entire OEM mirror assembly so weight and vibrations will not be an issue. the monitor part is quite a bit smaller at 4.3" but that's what i'm using now and it's all i need. they do cost 2x-3x more than the clip ons, though. i'll link it when i'm not on my phone.

Thanks @abarth for the info! Please, do post the link when you will be able to.

Thanks @abarth for the info! Please, do post the link when you will be able to.

this is the mirror that bought: PYLE rearview camera. looks like it's out of stock at the moment but there's a bunch just like it that probably came out of the same factory. I gave it a try on the workbench yesterday and I like it a lot! just like the other mirrors that I've tried before, it has a tint to it so it's darker than OEM but I think it will work in my case since I do not have tinted windows. it does have an ambient light sensor that will adjust the LCD brightness automatically so it won't be blinding at night and will be brighter during daylight hours. I will not be using the camera that came with it as I already have a camera that I'm currently using and it's much more stealth.

Back