Hardwire Kit - Don't buy?

BFG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Aukey DR-02D
Hi,

Would you buy this hardwire kit with these conditions? :)

Although we guarantee that this kit will work with Dash Cameras sold by ourselves - available here, we cannot guarantee that this hardwire kit will work with all makes and models of car camera. We always recommend using an approved car manufacturer hardwire kit where available.

Important - hardwiring a camera or other accessory with this kit is done entirely at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for any installation costs or additional costs that may be incurred after a fault or failure of camera, mount, hardwire kit, or car electrics. We recommend that all components are first tested thoroughly before installation. We strongly recommend that you hire a fully qualified, insured, and experienced auto-electrician to install the hardwire kit for you.

Please note - Not to be connected to permanent power as this could damage your dash camera and run down your car's battery.

Probably a good job it's out of stock!

To me overall it looks common / normal conditions.

What in your opinion you find out of ordinary from what they wrote there?

You never see anything like that for something generic like a phone charger. I just wonder what's so special about these?

I just wonder what's so special about these?

Because your hardwiring it to a car and the wiring setup is different for each car. The possibility of stuff going wrong is a lot higher compared to phone charger, where you just have to plug it in a standardized socket.

That said it looks like your run of the mill hardwire kit you will find on eBay. Some of these are reported to be poor so try finding one with good reviews.

Thanks that's good to know! I really am more worried about damage to my car than anything else. Would I be better off buying from a high street store?

E.g. these hardwire kits don't come with any warnings:

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit-a45tx

But I can't tell if it's because they're better, or because the high street guys have better legal protection.

Interesting re ebay.

Back