F50 Hard Wiring Issues

kiteboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just wired up a dashcam to my mothers Seat Leon. The camera is a Thinkcam F50 and it has Parking mode. Anyway wired the (ACC Labeled) wire to the 12V Socket - which was Fuse 37 if I remember right - down the bottom of the fuse box on a Leon

Put the other cable (Battery Labeled) to the interior lights fused - Fuse 15 or 16 I think

I thought this would work - it didnt

The cameras was powering up when the engine was off and not going off as far as I could tell

I didnt know what was going so in the end swapped the labeled cables around so the Battery Labeled wire was going to the switched live and vise versa - thats seemed to have solved the camera being powered all the time - now it only comes on when the iginition is turned

Its now not going to parking mode!!! Anybody have any advise at all - I thought the original wiring I did was correct - who knows

Thanks

It is quite possible that the circuit for the interior light turns off after a delay when the engine is turned off. This may not be a good source for the "battery" wire.
Also, if the camera was powering up when the engine is off (and the key NOT in the accessory position), it indicates that there is still power at the 12V socket.

RodeoGeorge

Yeh thats what im thinking - will have to plug something else in to see if that 12v socket is always live - I guess that maybe the issue

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BMW440I F50 5
marcowme F50 15
S F50 16
Back