A ring light would be nice for the sjcam range

totalguy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would be nice to have a ring light for the sjcam range like this type of thing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332196166178
But i think perhaps one that fits over the camera lens and not the waterproof case would probably be a better option so you would not need too many variations between different models

I don't get that, why use the ring light on the camera in the WP case ?

In there the sound are awful, and as i understand it the ring light are not waterproof.

I don't get that, why use the ring light on the camera in the WP case ?

In there the sound are awful, and as i understand it the ring light are not waterproof.

you have a good point there!

i was hoping to find a round one to go over the lens out of the case but i could not find one i tried gearbest, banggood, google, ebay and aliexpress

Would you think there is enough demand for this? Which type of environment would you be using this in?

taking photo's in low light a ring light could brighten the area and give more vibrant pictures.

having a friend who is a photographer i can see the benefits of this sort of thing.

also being avalable already cheaply (but not compatible) i cant see why they cannot be made. and also i believe anything that fits a go pro 3 3+ or 4 lens fits the sjcam sj7 lens (not sure on other sj cam lens sizes) so there is a lot more scope for this sort of thing other than sjcam they fit go pro too.

Would you think there is enough demand for this? Which type of environment would you be using this in?
I agree that in theory it would be useful for photos, but considering the usage case for action cameras (a heck of a lot of video), then it may not be as important a feature as one might think. that being said, it would look nice.

Ring lights are primarily used for macro photography, medical documentation, close portrait work and occasionally for small product shots. Unless that specific type of thing is what you have in mind for the SJCAM it would otherwise be useless and perhaps a waste of money unless it was of very high quality, which would mean that it might cost more than the camera.

maybe not so much demand but would be nice to have the option. and being the same fitment as go pro's there is probably more market scope for it, perhaps night mode filming or something too

maybe not so much demand but would be nice to have the option. and being the same fitment as go pro's there is probably more market scope for it, perhaps night mode filming or something too

There is plenty of demand for lighting products for action cameras but if you really want to film at night with an SJCAM you would be much better off with a good quality external video light such as the Qudos. Such lights are generally more powerful and more versatile and could be used with any other camera in the future should you no longer own the camera you wish to put a light on now.

quodos.jpg

qudos2.jpg

Last edited:
There is plenty of demand for lighting products for action cameras but if you really want to film at night with an SJCAM you would be much better off with a good quality external video light such as the Qudos. Such lights are generally more powerful and more versatile and could be used with any other camera in the future should you no longer own the camera you wish to put a light on now.

View attachment 30651

View attachment 30653

yeah that could work too where do they sell those do they have a specific name?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RBEmerson SJ7 1