New Underwater Case

Dudenow12

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have the new underwater case with the screws? I am curious if there is any size difference on the square part around the lens, between this new case and the old case that didn't have screws. Also the old case would leave a little black mark in the bottom right corner of videos because of the case. If the lens case had the same measurements as the go pro (35.85 mm, wide .x 33.30 mm high) I would buy it again.

upload_2017-6-15_13-24-24.png

Does anyone have the new underwater case with the screws? I am curious if there is any size difference on the square part around the lens, between this new case and the old case that didn't have screws. Also the old case would leave a little black mark in the bottom right corner of videos because of the case. If the lens case had the same measurements as the go pro (35.85 mm, wide .x 33.30 mm high) I would buy it again.

View attachment 31577
We are checking on this.

We are checking on this.
Thanks! If you guys just made it the same size as the go pro water case customers would have a lot more filter options and if you make filters or other accessories as well then they will also fit a go pro so you would have more customers for your accessories.

Thanks! If you guys just made it the same size as the go pro water case customers would have a lot more filter options and if you make filters or other accessories as well then they will also fit a go pro so you would have more customers for your accessories.

This turns out to be the older design. I think there may be a German company making filters for our new cases...

This turns out to be the older design. I think there may be a German company making filters for our new cases...

When I bought one of the first models back in January they had the pictures with out the screws and mine doesn't have screws. Also websites like Gear best that now selling the case as an individual accessory has the picture with screws. Add I know this is a new product listing for them because it was not there when the SJ7 was originally released. And both BangGood and Gearbest have changed their SJ7 Listings to have photos of the underwater case with screws. If your saying this is the older design that the SJ5000 and previous models had with screws in it, I think this one looks different than the "New" Sj7 case that everyone is posting. If the case is the same size it doesn't make a difference to me but if they made it the same size as the go pro I would buy it to just have more options when it comes to lens accessories.

On an a side note, I think there could be demand for a splash/mud proof case as well if it could be even more low profile. Basically be on par with the GoPro 5 where it's still small and rugged but only can handle 10M or even 5M of water. Don't get me wrong the 30M case is still a necessity for SCUBA diving (where a good filter maters most too), but for snorkeling, surfing, skiing, mountain biking and most other action sport activities where water pressure isn't a concern but you still need some protection from the elements a low profile case would be nice. If that doesn't seem to be worth putting in the time and effort to create a new smaller case, I think it would be great if future SJ Cam model was like the go pro 5 which can handle 10M of water with out any additional case.

Either way, I am still enjoying my SJ7 and I believe that the most important thing for SJCam is to produce high quality cameras at an affordable price.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_648626.html

When I bought one of the first models back in January they had the pictures with out the screws and mine doesn't have screws. Also websites like Gear best that now selling the case as an individual accessory has the picture with screws. Add I know this is a new product listing for them because it was not there when the SJ7 was originally released. And both BangGood and Gearbest have changed their SJ7 Listings to have photos of the underwater case with screws. If your saying this is the older design that the SJ5000 and previous models had with screws in it, I think this one looks different than the "New" Sj7 case that everyone is posting. If the case is the same size it doesn't make a difference to me but if they made it the same size as the go pro I would buy it to just have more options when it comes to lens accessories.

On an a side note, I think there could be demand for a splash/mud proof case as well if it could be even more low profile. Basically be on par with the GoPro 5 where it's still small and rugged but only can handle 10M or even 5M of water. Don't get me wrong the 30M case is still a necessity for SCUBA diving (where a good filter maters most too), but for snorkeling, surfing, skiing, mountain biking and most other action sport activities where water pressure isn't a concern but you still need some protection from the elements a low profile case would be nice. If that doesn't seem to be worth putting in the time and effort to create a new smaller case, I think it would be great if future SJ Cam model was like the go pro 5 which can handle 10M of water with out any additional case.

Either way, I am still enjoying my SJ7 and I believe that the most important thing for SJCam is to produce high quality cameras at an affordable price.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_648626.html

Okay checking on this for you. For the Banggood listing We should ask them to update listing. For the Gearbest listing, this could be a 3rd party case (may non-official SJCAM accessories on the market).

Either way, we will confirm and ask them to update listings accordingly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SJ7 2