F50 Heat.

Meowcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Been using my F50 for about a week, now. Getting used to it. It works fine and does everything it's supposed to do. Looped recording, as well as parking mode are working fine.
My Wife drove my car yesterday and she was interested in seeing her driving footage. No problem. I went out to my garaged car to remove the camera. I unplugged it and slid it off its mount. Man this thing is hot! I mean hot, hot! the body itself was extremely heated but the lens felt like it was ready to melt. Piping hot! the car is garaged and had been in the garage, out of the sunlight for over an hour. Is this normal?

I know I am surprised how hot my F770 gets, but even in recent days and days of 35C heat it didn't miss a beat despite being proper roasting!!

They do run quite warm, i've popped the memory card out of my F770 before and then juggled the memory card coz it's so hot! As Tabetha said mines never missed a beat either. All models have a thermal protection anyway i think this kicks in about 75 degrees C

They do run quite warm, i've popped the memory card out of my F770 before and then juggled the memory card coz it's so hot! As Tabetha said mines never missed a beat either. All models have a thermal protection anyway i think this kicks in about 75 degrees C

memory cards are rated to 85°c so the cam would shutoff before the card was too hot

Back