Does someone know how to change the new yi 4k from chinese to english ?

Yes I need to swicth it too like this forum made with the Xiaomi yi 1!!

Sorry Guys, there is no way to change via the firmware, the International version firmware will not work on the Chinese version hardware.
I would suggest you return it to Banggood for either a replacement for an international version or a refund.
The only other alternative is to learn Chinese ;-)

They state that the two cameras have two different firmware installed on them, making it impossible to change the language.
I the company also put this into place because of security .

I suppose you can teach your self Chinese or just get familiar with the menu .

I suggest you download google translate app and use the camera feature. Works like a charm and you end up learning the menu very quickly. Not ideal but its a workaround. Yi app on my android does work in English tho, read that it shouldnt :/

You can flash the Chinese version to English with firmware version 1.33. Step by step instructions in this article.

You can flash the Chinese version to English with firmware version 1.33. Step by step instructions in this article.
This is what I have done with my Cn version, just recieved mine today and pretty annoyed I can't use the latest 1.4x firmwares..

What is everyone doing with thier Cn versions, using the latest Chinese, staying on 1.33 for the English gui or sending it back, (which will be a long-winded nightmare I bet)..

Im just worried I will be losing all the new features and improvements staying on 1.33 forever

Maybe someone can decrypt / hack 1.4x firmware to remove the annoying wrong version message.

With the new firmware version 1.6.1 there is now a way to switch the Chinese YI 4K Version into English.

I made a video on how to do it:

I hope I could help :)

YES!!!

1.6.1 FW has language selection even for the chinese version ;)

Just do the proper update and it will ask you to select the language during initial setup....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Yi 4K Action Camera 0
Back